Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

flysky

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 01:09 PM
mxturd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flysky

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these radios. I have a buddy selling a ofna lx2e with this radio. Thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 06:11 AM
porterdog

Default RE: flysky

I just replaced my FS GT3b with an Airtronics MX4.   If you need to go budget price on your radio they're certainly fully featured.  Range is excellent and the receivers are dirt cheap. 

The downside is that if you expect it to work as it ought you'll need to either modify it or have the mods done for you.  The stock voltage regulator is total crap; I got about 3-5 hours of run time on 8AAs before I swapped in a new VR ($10 from Mouser).  The stock firmware is worse than total crap, and that was the straw that broke this camel's back.   It's accepted that the 'expo' function doesn't work.  My issue was that when I turned down the throttle endpoints on my kids 'model' (same car, just a different set of settings for my 4yo) the throttle neutral point moved (the car would cog without moving under *zero* throttle) AND reverse no longer worked.   To me, spending $40-50 modifying a $30 radio was akin to polishing a turd so I bailed.   They have a lot of fans though...

Old 05-03-2012, 05:14 PM
wedreagle
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: flysky

I have a Turnigy FS TH 9X and also a Hi Tek Aurora Tx. The Turnigy is almost a duplicate of the Aurora technology except you have to click the buttons instead of a touch screen on the Aurora. The Turnigy from Hobby King is about $300 cheaper and has the same programs, but the Chinese didn't publish a manual that you can understand how to program. It does work fine, the only problem is they are always backordered. You can give them your e mail address and they "will" notify you when in stock.