Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: loosing signal

ORIGINAL: pdm52956

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

ORIGINAL: mike hundley

I have had problems with my DX-8 . Using the cheap orange rec. and went back to my D6 and haven't lost a signal in a year . Something with the DX-8 that spectrum need to look into. They owe me a couple of planes . LOTS OF LUCK

Why in the world would they owe you anything. They can't be responsible for something stupid like when you are using cheap off brand receivers ... that's like telling Ford they owe you for the accedent you caused because you put cheap aftermarket brakes on your Ford ... Get Real
    When it comes to these type threads, I usually don't read your nonsense but in this case, I have to agree with you. Not at all what I would have expected from you. Then again, you made up for it with your other post.

Congrats. You've come a long way.
    The only thing worse than trusting a DMS2 RX is using a cheep Chineese after market knock off.
    Remember ... Every one of these Things we fly Comes with a Number, When the R/C Gods call that Number, it's going in a Garbage Bag, No Sniveling Allowed.
    P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #24 & #43

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

funny - I have used DSM2 since it was released to the public- never a problem
    As for the cheap Chinese rx- some of these also work very well .
    The weak link?
    Failure to understand how to use them - thankfully a small minoity of the users
    Libby is still watching you

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rmh

funny - I have used DSM2 since it was released to the public- never a problem
    As for the cheap Chinese rx- some of these also work very well .
    The weak link?
    Failure to understand how to use them - thankfully a small minoity of the users
    Sorry but we have had this discusion before ... DSM2 is old Tech .. Palne and smple ... every one has gone to some forme of hopping infact so has he DX8 spectrum. Don't ya think if there wern't a problem with DSM2 Spectrum would have gone to hopping?

Remember ... Every one of these Things we fly Comes with a Number, When the R/C Gods call that Number, it's going in a Garbage Bag, No Sniveling Allowed.
    P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #24 & #43

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually a non hopping system can have a better sensitivity because the receiver bandwidth can be tighter.
    It seems to me the problems of Spectrum was the user but then I don't know since I don't have one.
    dirty old men need love too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,

If you have a JR Tx with a removable frequency module and you think you have a problem with the radio, and would like to try the Hitec Aurora 9 system, then you many want to consider just buying the Aurora 9 replacement module for the JR. By doing this, you will not have to buy a complete new system and as a bonus the recievers are very reasonably priced. Both the Tx module and Rx can be updated and can be kept current by downloading any updates from the web (if needed) - no need to send a unit back or buy new components.

However, I must admit I have both JR 9303 (with 72 and A9 2.4 Tx modules) and Hitec A9 (with 72 and 2.4 Tx modules) and I've never had a problem with loosing communications with either - both work well.

I have an Aurora 9 (which I bought for the features) and wanted to keep and use my JR 9303 as a backup, so I just purchased the optional Hitec Spectra (Aurora module) for my 9303, and I'm very pleased I did, it works well. I can now can still fly my JR as JR, or as an Aurora 9 if I want to, just by switching modules and binding to the Hitec 2.4 receivers. Remember, channel assignments are different between JR and Hitec so the servos have to be plugged in in the receiver channels correctly.

If you are interested in giving this option a try, the part numbers for the Hitec module to fit JR is:
    From Hitec site - Spectra 2.4J, JR Compatible 2.4Ghz AFHSS Module Part # 29537
    From Tower Hobbies - Stock number LXBJBR

I should also mention that the Aurora Tx modules have a "Smart Scan" function, that is, you can go to where you normally fly and do a "Smart Scan" which will lock in the 20 cleanest 2.4 channels at that location and only use them.

I hope this helps.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

\"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!\" - Benjamin Franklin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is not directed at the OP, but did you ever notice that very often someone who has lots of problems with their equipment switches brands and then has problems with their equipment??
    Contest Director for the AMA
    Grand Forks, North Dakota- Where time stands still but the air is always moving.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123