Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 7C Trim in synch problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 06:28 PM
JrFox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 7C Trim in synch problem

Hello
I have a question regarding a problem that I have with my radio Futaba 7C.
I have a plane with two servos for elevators, one in each. Servo No1 in channel 2 and servo No2 in channel 7 with a mix. When I move the stick in the Tx, elevators work perfect.
The problem is when I tried to trim the elevators with the Tx, only the servo No1 in channel 2 moves, to trim the servo No2 in channel 7, I have to go the menu, sub trim, channel 7. Impossible to do it in flight.
So...there is a programing solution for this ? or I have to buy an Y wire with inverter?
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:37 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 7C Trim in synch problem

ORIGINAL: JrFox

Hello
I have a question regarding a problem that I have with my radio Futaba 7C.
I have a plane with two servos for elevators, one in each. Servo No1 in channel 2 and servo No2 in channel 7 with a mix. When I move the stick in the Tx, elevators work perfect.
The problem is when I tried to trim the elevators with the Tx, only the servo No1 in channel 2 moves, to trim the servo No2 in channel 7, I have to go the menu, sub trim, channel 7. Impossible to do it in flight.
So...there is a programing solution for this ? or I have to buy an Y wire with inverter?
Thanks in advance.
If your transmitter is the 7C 2.4Ghz, I believe it has the Ailevator mix that is designed for Dual Elevators. I helped a friend with that last year. I had that on my 8AUPS and 9CAP. If you have the 72Mhz 7C then it may not have that feature.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/systems/futk7000.html

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-7c-q746.html
Old 05-10-2012, 08:17 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

I can't recall a 7C 72 MHz Tx, but for sure the 2.4 GHz model has the Ailevator feature, which has to be turned on to facilitate dual elevators.

Karol
Old 05-10-2012, 08:34 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

that was a limitation of the 72mhz version... it did not have the ailevator mix...

it was added with the native 2.4ghs version and should take care of the issue....
Old 11-21-2012, 10:11 PM
KaP2011
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same issue on my Ultra Sport. I have an Extra with the ailevator setup that works perfectly, in-flight trim included. However, on the Extra my elevator servos are plugged into channels 2 and 6. On my Ultra Sport I have flaps so I need channel 6 for them. So I used channels 2 and 7 but now I have the same issue JrFox has. I may have to put my flaps on channel 7 and use the 3 position switch to activate them.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:00 AM
DougV

When I had the 7C, I always use channel 2 and 5 for dual elevators and follow the procedures on page 45 of the manual for AILEVATOR.

Doug.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:05 AM
KaP2011

Thanks Doug. I remembered that about 1:30am, that's how my Extra is set up. I was thinking I used ch 2 and 6 but it was 2 and 5. I will have to work something else out on the Ultra Sport because it also has retracts. I may be able to program the retracts to ch 7 and use the 3 position switch. I've only had my 7C for a year and I'm already thinking I may need to upgrade.

Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11-22-2012, 05:16 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Thats how it starts...
"I'll never need a radio with all those features"

Then a plane or two later you're out of channels or hit a wall with functionality and end up spending what you should have spent to begin with plus the cost of the cheaper radio
Old 11-22-2012, 05:23 AM
KaP2011

"I'll never need a radio with all those features"
Funny, that's exactly what I said when I shelledout $300 for the 7C.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:43 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Yep. Sounds like you've hit the wall on channels. Time to upgrade. The 8FG with 14 channels would do the trick. For now.

It reminds me of my early years in IT. "How could anyone ever need anything larger than a 10MB hard drive"?
Old 11-23-2012, 05:26 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately, that's a never ending problem! Even worse is the price difference as the number of servo channels goes up!

It really doesn't justify anywhere near the price jump, based on the parts and manufacturing costs.

I'd say that the major problem is really the lack of various options that determine what a switch on the TX can and cannot do.
"Computerized" TX's still don't seem to fully exploit all the useful possibilities/capabilities.
For instance a flight mode switch, or the L & R trim switches.
Full size A/C have distinct flight modes, with the main ones being take off, landing, and cruise/level flight.
Each mode has different elevator trim, power, and possibly flap settings. Try setting a similar situation on a DX-8 with the flight mode switch!

Old 11-23-2012, 05:49 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to enable the trim even though you have a mix. A friend had this problem on his 7c. It took some button pushing to figure it out but it can work. It was years ago so I dont remember which ones.