Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Help! JR 8711's won't work with Futaba R7008rx!

Hello,

This is my first post in this forum so I hope someone can help? I have a new Futaba r7008 rx (18MZ) and I am trying to set up a 35% Carden Extra that has all JR servos. All the servos are new, the plane has not flown and was being set up with JR 1222 and 9503 and I have recently switched to Futaba. Enough history, here's the problem: I set up a new Futaba SBD-1 to run the tail servos: rudder, and elevator through the sbd-1 to an sbus output on the rx. Reason being, not enough open pwm channels on the rx. The rest of the servos would be plugged into the rx's pwm (normal) outputs. So I set up the sbd-1 per the instructions and plug the rudder servos... so far so good. Then I plug the elevator servos and the servos all act crazy when I move the sticks and then the elevator servos quit! I unplug everything and then plug the elevator servos to any open channel on the rx and nothing? The rudder servos still work no problem, but I can't get the elevator servos to do anything? I tried everything and thought the servos went bad, but then I plugged the servos into my servo setting tool and they work fine? they just won't work on the futaba rx? Any ideas? ... I'll call the Futaba service center tomorrow... BTW, running a123 through a Fromeco Wolverine switch and have re-bind the rx several times!..
    Thanks

Z

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Help! JR 8711's won't work with Futaba R7008rx!

Have you set the channels of the SBD-1 ?

If Yes, Which channels did you assign?

Do you have servo's plugged into the corresponding PWM channels on the Rx?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

TimBle,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I set the channels on the sbd-1. Top wire: rudder (channel 4), middle wire: elevator (ch 2), bottom wire: ch 7 (to slave an elevator channel)
    The rudder is actually driving two rudder servos via a y harness. The rudder servos are on a SWB self adjusting tray, that's why I have them on a Y harness. I don't know if that may have messed things up? If so, how do I reset everything? And why do the servos work on the YNT servo cycler? BTW, no servos were on the PWM channels when I tried to get it to work.

Thanks

Z

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mystery solved! As it turns out I think the culprits were the 36" long servo extensions (electronically filtered). Once I removed them from the equation the servos worked as advertised! The extensions are some futaba type with little electronic gizmos (technical term) in line. I believe the little gizmos/filters are the source of the problem. I'm running the 1100mm long sbd-1 extension to the tail and all should be good

Z

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They are indeedthe source of the problem. They are scrambling the digital signal from the SBD-1 decoder.
    glad you found the fault becausethe next question was were the y-leads reversing or filtered type and are you using filtered extension.

neither works with the S-bus network or the SBD-1.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nothing strange about the problem- None of the 2.4 radios like the old filters and signal reversers etc..
    Libby is still watching you