Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Recievers

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 04:53 PM
soccerdad174
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Recievers

Hi Guys ,
after a 3 years break I have decided to start flying again ,and I don't know anything about 2.4 radios I just bought a hitec Aurora 9 with2 7 channels recievers ,
my question is , can i use one of this 7CHrecievers in my patty wagstaff with a DL50 cc ? or doIneed to buy a 9CH with 2 antennas , basically I need to know if 7ch recievers arefor small modelslikeelectrics up to 40 size anything bigger you have to use the 9CH with 2 antennas ?
please help me with this
Thanks

Edwin

Old 05-14-2012, 05:43 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec Recievers

ORIGINAL: soccerdad174 Hi Guys ,
after a 3 years break I have decided to start flying again ,and I don't know anything about 2.4 radios I just bought a hitec Aurora 9 with2 7 channels recievers ,
my question is , can i use one of this 7CHrecievers in my patty wagstaff with a DL50 cc ? or doIneed to buy a 9CH with 2 antennas , basically I need to know if 7ch recievers arefor small modelslikeelectrics up to 40 size anything bigger you have to use the 9CH with 2 antennas ?
please help me with this Thanks Edwin

No problem with the Optima 7, refer:
Optima Transceiver - Conversion Lighten 6ch for Indoor & Park-Flyers plus Alternate Light Weight 2.4GHz Antenna.
Hitec "Factory Pilot" Brandon Chitty uses the Optima 7 in his indoor competition Fancy Foam Maxima that weighs 8oz, as well as his 170CC DA powered 42% Aeroworks Yak.

ex ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, O
ptima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 05-15-2012, 04:42 PM
soccerdad174
My Feedback: (14)

170CC DA powered 42% Aeroworks Yak. 
 thats all I wanted to hear

Thanks

Edwin
Old 05-16-2012, 01:53 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: soccerdad174 170CC DA powered 42% Aeroworks Yak.
thats all I wanted to hear , Thanks , Edwin
Overlooked including in post #2, that with GP engines,Hitecstrongly recommendthe A9, the Spectra
Module and the O7 are all verified, andin need beupdated, to havemost recent firmware:

Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to Install & Use (with screenshots).
"Current firmware for optimum performance:
. Aurora 9 V1.08(1) 10 July 2011
. Optic 6 Sport V1.04(1)
. Spectra 2.4Ghz Module firmware V3.01 18 April 2011
(How to update Hitec TX with fixed "modules" such as Eclipse 7 Pro, Optic 6 Sport & Optic 5)
. Optima 6, 7 & 9 Ch Transceiver Firmware V2.02(0) 07 Oct 2011
. HPP-22 Software Version V1.12(0) - 05 March 2012 (Details and pictorial "How to" install)
Next HPP-22 update is expected end May/early June'12, it will incorporate provision for Eclipse 7 Pro"

Alan T.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:32 PM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

The 7 ch rx will handle any of your flying needs as long as 7 channels is all you need. I have several of the 7ch rx's in 30% gas powerd planes. Be sure to get the HPP-22 programer, and keep up with all of the updates. Hitec had a deal going for a while where you could get one at a reduced price when you purchased a 7 ch rx. Not sure if that's still going on though.
Chuck