Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Which TX? (Opening a can of worms)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Ozzy37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which TX? (Opening a can of worms)

It's official, my TX is toast, see http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11103324/tm.htm Company that built battery for me admitted they reversed polarity on lead. Told me they would make it right. So the question is which TX should I go with as a replacement, Hitec Optic 6 6-Channel Sport 2.4GHz Tx or Futaba 6EX 6-Channel 2.4GHz FASST Radio System?

Oz
Old 06-02-2012, 10:28 AM
P-40 DRIVER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which TX? (Opening a can of worms)

I have been very happy with my Futaba EX, but the receivers are expensive. I have not flown the Hitec but I suspect you would find the ergonomics and the quality of the radio would favor the Futaba. Hard to beat the FASST system.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:38 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which TX? (Opening a can of worms)

You want the non-sport version of the Hitec Optic 6 2.4Ghz radio system.

The sport version has a smaller LCD display and lacks important features that the standard Optic 6 includes:

-Model naming
-Removable RF Deck
-Model copying
-integrated timer
-switch assignability
-multiple programmable mixes

The ergonomics and quality of the Optic 6 are superior to the Futaba 6EX; it simply feels like a higher quality and more expensive radio.

The Hitec Optic 6 2.4Ghz radio system is less expensive than the Futaba 6EX FASST, and about the same cost as the Optic 6 Sport 2.4Ghz, so hopefully your local battery supplier should have no objection should you choose it as your replacement.

There's nothing particularly "wrong" with the Futaba 6EX, but the Hitec Optic 6 offers superior ergonomics, much greater programming and mixing capability, less expensive receivers, and more model memory for less money. You'd also find the Airtronics SD-6g to be a very strong choice in this particular price segment, but that wasn't a choice mentioned by the original poster.

Good luck, and good shopping!