Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

a basic radio question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 03:57 PM
move99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a basic radio question

Hi,
I'm going to use Hitec servos with Futaba receiver and transmitter (2.4 GHz system) in an airplane. I put Futaba connecters on Hitech servos. Is it okay to mix brands of equipments in general? Appreciate input.
Move99
Old 06-03-2012, 04:37 PM
pilotpete2

Default RE: a basic radio question

No problem at all[8D]
In fact you really didn't have to replace the servo plugs on the Hitec servos, you just have to plug in the servo with the yellow wire towards the slot for the Futaba plugs orientation tab. If you get one bassakwards, no problem, other than the servo won't work until you turn it around[8D]
Pete
Old 06-03-2012, 10:28 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

You can usually use any servo brands with Your 2.4 GHz Futaba radio. But if You use HS(High Speed) mode on a Futaba receiever you can not use analog servos on the channels that are in HS mode. But that goes for Futaba analog servos also. As for recievers You must use Futaba FASST reciever or 3rd party FASST compatible recievers (Orange/Frsky/Corona is the only I know of).

/Bo

Old 06-06-2012, 06:00 PM
move99

Thanks for your tips. Now I can fly my airplane with no worry.

Move99