Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 7C 2.4 mhz flap set up questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 08:00 AM
cloud_master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 7C 2.4 mhz flap set up questions

I have 2 free channels to set up my flaps. 5 and 7. I'd like to use the 3-position switch (G), to have up as full up flaps, then one down as approach, then all the way down be landing flaps.

On another airplane of mine, I have it set up on that switch using 3 offset premixeswith channel 5 using a y harness, and it works fine. However, I'd like to use two separate channels if possible, but don't know if I can do it with 3 premixes and the channels 5/7.

Has anyone done this before? If so can you tell me how to set it up? Thanks.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:27 AM
hellcat 1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 7C 2.4 mhz flap set up questions

Why use 2 channels? Just set the 3 position switch to operate channel 7 in the parameters menu. Adjust your flap linkage for half flap in the center position, full up in one poition of the switch and full down in the other. The only reason I can see for using two channels is if you didn't set your servos up so that the linkage on one is reversed and you don't want to change the linkage or use a reverser.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:42 AM
cloud_master

that was basically the only reason to explore the option, being able to subtrim each servo individually without the need of an adjusting y harness or reversing harness.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:59 AM
hellcat 1

You have 3 pmixes on a 7C. If you have one left use channel 7 on switch g and slave 5 to 7. Only trouble is you will have the switch on channel 5 and it puts that channel on on one end of it's travel or the other. I'm not sure you can disable the switch like you can the knob on channel 6. I haven't tried it and don't have a receiver not in use to experiment with. You might give that a shot. Then the subtrim will work on both channels. There is a lot of information on the Futaba web site on the FAC pages for each raido. see this link

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-7c.html
Old 06-23-2012, 02:12 PM
hellcat 1

You can do what you want. I just tried it on a plane with a 617 receiver and my 7C. You have to use two mixes. Disable the channel 5 switch just like it tells you to disable the cannel 6 knob in the 7C FACs. Then slave 5 to channel 7 on another p mix and set it up the way you want. Works like a charm. You can reverse either channel and set the sub trims just the way you want.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:07 PM
hellcat 1

I just found an easier way. Just set both channel 5 and channel 7 in parameters menu to switch g. You don't have to use any p mixes and you can reverse and use the sub trim on both channels. So simple, I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier. Hope this works for you.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:40 AM
cloud_master

Ive got both channel 5 and 7 set to G in the parameters. However, I don't see how a guy is going to vary the rate of the servos unless using premixes. I've tried using premixes with 5 slaved to 7 and have been uncussessful. The number that changes to vary the rate in the premix only effects one servo, not both channels. I'm still unsure how to use switch G to drive to separate channels to mirror each other with percentages of throw for each switch selection on G. I may have to go back to a y harness to get what I want using an offset premix. That I can do. I'd just rather figure out how to run to separate channels slaved to the one switch.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:45 PM
hellcat 1

I'm not sure what you mean by varying the rate. If you set both channels to switch G, you can set the travel on each channel seperately and you can set the sub trim for each channel seperately. I thought you were having trouble setting each flap to the same position with the switch in the position you wanted. That should let you do that without using p mixes. Just set the end points on channel 5 and then set the end points on channel 7 to the same place after you set the sub trim to match up each channel to the same place with the switch in the middle. What I'm sying is measure the travel of each flap so the move the same amount. The percentages may not match. What you want is for the flaps to be equal in movement.