Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Spektrum DX8, battery mod

Here's a video I made on how I converted my dx8 to a 2s lipo balance plug for power. I was really un-happy with the amount of charge time I took for my stock battery to charge and how even if charged for 12+ hours had lousy battery life. I then looked at buying the upgrade lipo from Spektrum until I seen the price. I'm sure this has been done several times, this is just how I did it and thought I would share.
    Fast Electric Addict! I like to go fast!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Spektrum DX8, battery mod

That looks like it worked out quite well. Are you using the built in charging system, or balance charging by opening the battery compartment to get to the balance tap on the battery?
    The next time you need a pack check out these folks located here in the States.
    http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst.../dx8-lipo.html
    Pete
    \"If the woman don\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy\"

[Red Green]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Diesel6401

*Here's a video I made on how I converted my dx8 to a 2s lipo balance plug for power. I was really un-happy with the amount of charge time I took for my stock battery to charge and how even if charged for 12+ hours had lousy battery life. I then looked at buying the upgrade lipo from Spektrum until I seen the price. I'm sure this has been done several times, this is just how I did it and thought I would share.
    My HK 4000mah Tx LiPo was $17 and has the circuitry in it like the HH Tx LiPo. I charge it once a month.
    Rich
    byronf16@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks. So far so good. I plan on taking it out and charging on a better charger, as I am sure it will charge much faster and balance better.

I've ordered from Valuehobby before and no issues. I had the 2s 1000mah lipo sitting spare, I was flying in a 800mm fms warbird, but I since converted that plane to 3s so I had this just sitting at storage voltage with no home. Was cheaper then buying new. I try to find uses for all the things I already have before buying something new.

ORIGINAL: pilotpete2

That looks like it worked out quite well. Are you using the built in charging system, or balance charging by opening the battery compartment to get to the balance tap on the battery?
    The next time you need a pack check out these folks located here in the States.
    http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst.../dx8-lipo.html
    Pete
    Fast Electric Addict! I like to go fast!