RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Stuttering servo

Old 06-27-2012, 10:17 AM
acdii

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Stuttering servo

I was setting up my new 4* last night, hooked up the throttle servo and tested it all out, works great, then I hooked up the rudder servo, and when I move the rudder stick, the throttle servo stutters and jumps around. Just for kicks I swapped in a different servo for each, and the problem still existed. I connected the rest of the servos, the elevator and aileron, and the stutter went away.

I used a Spektrum 6 channel RX ar6120(?) with a DX8, the throttle servo is a standard hitec and the rudder a Hitec 645 MG. I also have an Optikill switch connected to aux channel. Using a 5 cell 1600mah Nimh pack fully charged. Radio was at least 6 feet away when I tested. The RX was outside the plane away from the servos.

It only affected the throttle servo and only when the rudder was connected, none of the other channels affected it.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:25 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Stuttering servo

ORIGINAL: acdii

I was setting up my new 4* last night, hooked up the throttle servo and tested it all out, works great, then I hooked up the rudder servo, and when I move the rudder stick, the throttle servo stutters and jumps around. Just for kicks I swapped in a different servo for each, and the problem still existed. I connected the rest of the servos, the elevator and aileron, and the stutter went away.

I used a Spektrum 6 channel RX ar6120(?) with a DX8, the throttle servo is a standard hitec and the rudder a Hitec 645 MG. I also have an Optikill switch connected to aux channel. Using a 5 cell 1600mah Nimh pack fully charged. Radio was at least 6 feet away when I tested. The RX was outside the plane away from the servos.

It only affected the throttle servo and only when the rudder was connected, none of the other channels affected it.
What is the Frame Rate set to? 11ms or 22ms? Try 22ms.
Is your Throttle servo compatible with 6v? Try 4.8v Rx battery.
If you are using a Servo Extension to connect the Throttle servo to the Rx, try a 22ga HD extension.
ReBind again.