Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

a7000 retract servo

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 04:48 AM
flybyjohn
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a7000 retract servo

I just purchased an A7000 retract servo from a spektrum dealer online. It is supposed to have 260 oz-in. of torque. Upon first hooking it up to my rx, I noticed that the servo motion was not even through the whole cycle. It would start fast but near the end of the travel it would slow down like it was binding. It did this both directions. It is supposed to have about a 1.5 sec for 160 deg of travel speed and it seems to do this unloaded but when hooked up to the retracts, it takes a good 5 seconds to retract all the time sounding like it is going to die. Of course going down, it is fairly fast but comming up under load it really is slow, which looks good but if the servo is under a lot of stress, it might give out, and I don't want that to happen in flight. I have a 2400mah, 4.8v nimh battery hooked up to it. I was about to try 6.0v to see if it behaves any differently. Does anybody know if this behavior is normal. My hitec hs75 servo did not behave this way.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:43 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: a7000 retract servo

I tried one of these AR7000 Servos because of the ability to adjust the end points and the 260 oz's of torque; but I question the stated torque; as it did not perform anywhere near the JR 791 I was replacing; the JR 791 also has 260oz/torque; the AR7000 barely retracted the gear when the wing was placed right side up, and barely extended the gear when I had the wing upside down, it labored the whole time, I tried 6 volts and it made no difference, I went back with the JR 791, which only uses 4.8 volts and retracts and extends the same retracts effortlessly and with authority.