Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

airtronics rd 8000 CHARGING

Old 09-05-2003, 12:15 AM
mori
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airtronics rd 8000 CHARGING

can i fast charge my rd 8000 transmitter with the battery in the radio or do i have to take it out ? also my old radio was jr will the charging plugs i made up be the same polarity?
Old 09-05-2003, 01:47 AM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

JR transmitter charge plugs are OPPOSITE polarity from Airtronics, Futaba, and Hitec. To address your other question, you can fast charge the battery in place in the transmitter ... I have always felt it was safer to fast charge with the battery out of the transmitter. I have flown the Airtronics Infinity 660 series for several years and now have a Stylus and the battery is made to be removed quite easily from those .... as a matter of fact, I believe Airtronics even suggests fast charging with the out of the transmitter. I must admit, though, I have never had any problem associated with fast charging and I have used AccuCycle Plus in the past and now am using a Sirius fast charger.

Again, the polarity of the JR transmitter leads is OPPOSITE that of Airtronics, Futaba, and Hitec.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:03 AM
mori
My Feedback: (1)

isn;t there some sort of diode in the radio that dosen;t allow this also they recommend some sort of special charging plug do you know any thig about this?