Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Elec retracts

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 05:36 AM
Quigleywins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Elec retracts

Well the heading fails to list this item but I thik its a good place to pop in a problem to see if I can get some help.
E flite retracts. I have a set in my latest project and thing are a little different. The first problem was that the shaft came off the motor on the second run. This was replaced with in 3 days great service here in Australia. Now the second one stops and starts right from go. I'm yet to contact the LHS and there closed Mondays.My question is how good are these things and has ther been many problems in the past The unit is a 60 120 90 deg unit. Yours Paul T
Old 07-29-2012, 06:01 AM
FallDownGoBoom
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Elec retracts

Paul:

So far I've had good luck with mine. But I've not seen either of the problems you describe, especially the second unit stopping and starting. Is it trying to reset itself? Does it end up retracted, while the other one is extended? The other thing that I'd check is the endpoint settings for the retract servo on your radio. (Yes, I know there's no real servo.) What I found was that the endpoints had to be set to + and - 100%, otherwise I'd get partial operation of the retracts.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:25 AM
Quigleywins

FallDownGoBoom (Just love that call sign)

I am sure that the transmitter was set up correctly as I'm yet to do the transmitter to air craft programing I used one of the set ups for the same retract set that was alreadt in the transmitter . I did only connect one side at a time one was perfect the new one had the run stop run stop all the way till the wheel was lifted and is not activating the overload. It also did it in both directions. I will feel terable when I ring this one through on tuesday.Yours Paul T
Old 07-29-2012, 06:36 PM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a shaft come off one of mine. 

I also found they are really sensitive to "bottoming out". If the gear retracts and impacts the wing / wheel well they will not come back out. You must shim the gear so they do not impact anything while retracted / deployed. Make sre you can wiggle the gear on both extremes and all should work well.

Mine are on my topflite Thunderbolt. 

SunDevilPilot
Old 07-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Quigleywins

Well thanks for your imput, there is no touching anywhere on mine. I am installing them on a A6 Texan Seagull (twin) and as you can see in the photo I do have 4 retracts so the aircrafts can be still flown as singles.Youi get these ideas as you get older. I intend to take off with 2 wheels and for safety reasons land on 4 if things look bad and who's looking. the major hold up now is one of the inner wheeis. I will be talking with the LHS Tuesday. Yours Paul T
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19150.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	1787503