Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

14MZ Copy Function

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 04:22 PM
fatair96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14MZ Copy Function

Hello,
What happened to the good day's of my WC9ZII when you selected a model to copy and it copied to the model you wanted to get a head start on. It states to just do the same with the 14MZ but NO you select the model you want to copy (shows Picture - Source) but destination shows only the TX or Card nothing else. I generally was (for learning purposes) imputing all the models from scratch, now I know why, I kept my WC9? It can't be this difficult to copy one model compete content to another, should it not show the model to be copied to???????????

Steve
Old 07-29-2012, 10:23 PM
k_caller
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 14MZ Copy Function

Unless I've missed something you are right- the 14MZ does not copy directly to another model. Instead, like you said, it makes a copy of the selected model to either the card or Tx memory and then you rename the copy. Maybe there is some other magical way but that's the only way I've found to do it. Sort of goes like this- I have plane #1 and plane #2 on my card and now have setup a new plane 3 on the system. If I want to copy these new setting to plane #1 then I select and copy plane #3 and save it to my card. If I want these new settings to be known as plane 1, then I usually rename the old plane#1 to .e.g. plane1_old and then rename the plane#3 to plane#1. Really dumb to have to do it this way but it works. By renaming the original plane#1, then you have a backup in case something has gone wrong. Of course, if you don't want the backup then you could simply delete the original plane#1 settings and then rename the #3 to #1. Myself, I like to keep a backup until I've actually tested the settings.
Thinking of... I wonder if Futaba has changed this in the 18MZ? Probably not. BTW, for real backups, copy the card contents to your PC.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:24 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You just copy the model to the transmitter or the memory card. The transmitter will then display the copy as well as the original. If your airplane is named "Spitfire", then the copy will show "Spitfire-1". The 14MZ does not have memory "slots" like the older transmitters had. It just has memory, and uses as much as necessary to save or copy your models.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:48 AM
k_caller
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Bax You just copy the model to the transmitter or the memory card. The transmitter will then display the copy as well as the original. If your airplane is named ''Spitfire'', then the copy will show ''Spitfire-1''. The 14MZ does not have memory ''slots'' like the older transmitters had. It just has memory, and uses as much as necessary to save or copy your models.

Yes that's right, Thanks for the input Bill. But I think that what FatAir is getting at is that there is no way to directly copy to an existing model. Let's say I have a new setup for my Katana and want to use it for my Extra. The copy saves it as Katana_1 - so since I have an existing setup for my Extra I must either delete my original Extra setup, then rename the Katana_1 to Extra or rename the original Extra to Extra_org and then rename the Katana_1 copy to Extra. That's what seems to make it confusing to a lot of new 14MZ users.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:57 PM
fatair96

k_caller,
I thank you for the understanding of what I was stating, new to this forums I accidently put it in the wrong place and got blasted by you know who???? But rules are rules, Back to the matter at hand, your totaly correct with your analagy of having to delete what you just started to set -up, but copy I shall.

Thanks again,
Steve