Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Throttle cut -6i radio

Old 08-10-2012, 02:24 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle cut -6i radio

The throttle cut on my radio does'nt work , yes its been activated, what gives . When pressed , motor will hesitate just for a nano second but continue run .... using on saito's 100 and 125 ...
Old 08-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Aerocal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Throttle cut -6i radio

Without seeing it in person theres no way to tell for sure.Its probably not the radio.Theres a good chance that the geometry of the linkage doesnt let the arm move enough to actually shut the barrel on the carb.If you have the lower endpoint lower than -100 the more it gets below 100 the less the servo has to move during the Cut process.If the angle of the arm is more parallel to the linear travel of the linkage the rotational component at the barrel is further reduced.Its also possible that the carb barrel is worn a bit and closing it isnt completely shutting off the air and forcing it to die.I have a Magnum 91 and a Saito 100 that are like this.You can pull the carb completely shut and they wont die right away.The magnum almost doesnt close enough to shut the fuel off either it will run for 30 secs sometimes before it dies.Sometimes I have to reach down and put my finger over the carb opening to get it to quit and the barrel is already forced shut to the point of binding.
What is the throttle channel doing on the Monitor screen? If there really is an issue with the radio it will show up there.