Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba BLS451- Nervous servos!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 03:10 AM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (212)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba BLS451- Nervous servos!!!

I have four BLS451's in the ailerons of a 50cc Aeroworks ultimate(one servo on each aileron). Two smart fly equalizers and I'm running everything off a 2300ma A123 battery.I have a futaba 10CAG transmitter and Futaba 6014HS receiver.When I turn on the radio the ailerons will just "tremble".I can deflect the ailerons and get them to stop, but when I flip the prop to start the engine, they wil start the trembling action again. I just wonder is this something that can be dialed out with the equalizers or is this a characteristic of these servos? Each aileron has only one servo so they can't be fighting each other. I'm just wondering if something is wrong in my setup. Thanks
Old 08-28-2012, 03:41 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba BLS451- Nervous servos!!!

Take the Equalizers out and try to Y lead the ailerons together and to the appropriate channel. If it goes away then it could the equalizer . The servos can handle the A123 without the equalizer or a regulator.

lastly, make sure you have all 4 aileron servo's routed to a High speed channel in the R6014HS Rx if the Rx is in HS mode. If you cannot achieve this then move the Rx to the Normal mode
Old 08-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no need to use the high speed channels (#1 to #6), and in fact, no need to have the RX in HS mode in the first place on an airplane. I would put the RX in normal mode if it was my plane. I suspect the jittering is due to the servos trying to hold center. The 451 has a pretty tight deadband. I might look at the linkages to see what the geometry is. That can make it harder for the servo to find and hold center.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:38 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Depending on the servos and whether or not you have the ailerons mass balanced, it could be that the servos try to droop due to gravity and a tight servo tries to lift it back up thus looks like it is jittering. If you hold the airplane with the nose straight up (so ailerons do not try to droop) does it still jitter?