Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9C Flaperon question

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 03:21 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 9C Flaperon question

I am trying to get my 9C set up to do flaperons. I have usually done it with the mixer but thought I would try it with the flaperon mixer built in. I have one on ch 6 and one on ch 1 and I can get the ailerons to work, but I can't seem to make the flaps work on any switch. I would like it on the left slider which is swh-D which I can set, but I can't seem to make them work as flaps. Nothing moves. What am I missing? Any help appreciated.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:31 PM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 9C Flaperon question

FLYBOY, not sure about the 9c, but on the T6XA, you have to activate the flaperon function, as it's default setting is 'inhibited'. Maybe the 9C has the same type of thing?
Old 09-09-2003, 10:19 AM
FLYBOY

Did that. I have it set on the right switch and have played with the % of the flaperon and the ailerons. It is strange. I will play with it more tonight maybe.

Thanks.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:30 AM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If he didn't have the FLAPERON function enabled his airlons would not work.

Here is an excerpt from the 9C manaul (page 45):

"Activating flaperons only makes the airlerons work as ailerons and tells the radio how far you want them to move as flaps IF you then activate other programming that moves them as flaps."

To activate flaps you need to set the FLAP-TRIM:

1) Basic menu to FLAP-TRIM
2) Adjust knob travel to 50% (this is the amount the surface will be able to move to) END
3) Mode to AUX-CH
4) Cursor to CH6
5) Adjust knob to Vr-E if you want right slider (Vr-D if you want left slider) END END

Check the dynamics of the slider switch for travel direction and deflection percentage and adjust above as needed (NOTE: the slider switch activates a beep when you pass through the middle -- set the flaps as neutral at the middle of the switch dynamics and you have an easy way to deactivate them without having to look at the switch). You can also set this up so that activating a switch will deflect the flaps to the maximum you program above -- this is accomplish by following the AIRBRAKE programming or using the 9C's mixing capability, i.e., assigning channel 6 to a switch.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:30 AM
FLYBOY

Cool, I will play with that. Missed it somehow. I appreciate the info!
Old 09-09-2003, 04:56 PM
docfly
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a way to set the flaperon on a curve as described below but on a 9c?

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/articles/1231.asp?pg=2