Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

8FGS Compatible RX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 05:05 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default 8FGS Compatible RX?

I have a plane that I have an expensive RX in, and the plane is not an expensive plane if you get my drift. I need the RX for my Mustang, so looking for a cheap 4 Channel to work with my 8FGS. Is the FrSky compatible, or the Orange? I have a friend flying with the Orange Spektrum rx, and has been trouble free all season. Going to grab a couple of those for my DX8, and saw the FrSky there.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:56 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8FGS Compatible RX?

Fr-SKY TFR-4, TFR-6 are cheap and compatible
Old 08-31-2012, 06:11 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Cool, now if they only had the DX8 battery in stock!   Going to get a spektrum orange for my friend, and some old airtronics to jr adapters so he can have  a spare plane to fly. Poor guy lost an aileron on his Taube and it took a spiral plunge into the corn the other day.  His old radios have bad batteries and some are corroded from being in the hanger.  The guy has dozens of planes that just need some TLC and radios. He has only 1 plane that can be flown, and has CG issues. He has a P-40 that is flight ready, but he is reluctant to fly it due to his mishaps this year.  Flew his cub through a tree in the spring, his Taube has been giving him problems, and his Bipe is a squirrely monster. He has a really nice and clean P-39 he wants to fly, but the radio is dead. It has old Airtronics servos in it, so this will work just fine.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:19 AM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These folks are the NA distributor for FrSky
http://www.alofthobbies.com/radio-ge...ompatible.html
I hear nuthin but good stuff about them[8D]
Pete