Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum not working after bind

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 07:08 AM
davidorn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum not working after bind

Thanks Gary, I'm telling you, I did not have the wires backwards. I didn't change anything since the airfield that day with John, and it stopped working. I've tried then afterwards all diffrent connections, still nothing. I'm still scratching my head of how it stopped linking. But as everyone has said, nothing is fool proof.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:45 AM
matt43

Dave I live in Maryland an have been flying JR/specktrum since I started flying in 1993 ( I was 4) anyway I woul live to meet up and trouble shoot this thing in person! I fly at CCRCC in brandywine Maryland it's a good field anyway shoot me a PM if you are interested...
Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: davidorn

Thanks Gary, I'm telling you, I did not have the wires backwards. I didn't change anything since the airfield that day with John, and it stopped working. I've tried then afterwards all diffrent connections, still nothing. I'm still scratching my head of how it stopped linking. But as everyone has said, nothing is fool proof.

that's why folks like mechanics, electronics technicians, etc, have jobs - sooner or later, stuff breaks.

Have you been able to try a different transmitter to see if your receivers will bind and link to it properly? If so, and you're still having troubles, I'd send your TX to the folks at Horizon.. They have done good things for me!

Old 09-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Mikecam

Get used to it David, when you have a problem with Spektrum it's always your fault and never the radio or link.

Sorry guys but with Spektrum going from dsm to dsm2 to dsmx to dsmj then JR jumping ship and coming out with their own dmss I would say there must of been issues. Ya great service they replace everything but then tell you everything was fine in the first place, then why replace everything.

Futaba is still using fasst and Hitec is still using FHSS, does anybody wonder why Spektrum are the only ones that have changed their protocol 4 times and that JR has gone to their own hopping system like Hitec and Futaba and jumped off the dsm? ship altogether.

As to the comments about it being the same as all the others, please do some research.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:43 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Here it is again. No help just bashing. I read A-9 bashing, Futaba no guid bashing, also heat problems or why it took them so long to release their own 2.4 when they had their technology since the 60's. Yes Spektrum has improved their systems. Don't you want a company to find better ways to do things.
If you can't give the guy some ideas, Stay out.
I could type two pages on why Spektrum has upgraded their system, but why bother it won't answer his question. Or I could ask why Hitec hasn't come out with a new radio yet. but why? It has nothing to do with his problem.
This gets so boring. I've owned them all and sold them all. Dennis
Old 09-07-2012, 08:51 AM
davidorn

Thanks guys, I've finally got it to bind, as mentioned in my previous post. It wasn't the TX, it was the AR6200 which was working perfectly last week, all my RX are DSM2. My other RX binded fine also as I mentioned in the earlier post. I had a futaba TX, but to change things all over again wasn't worth the costly $ or effort so I got rid of the Futaba 7C for $50.  It would be nice to have universal standards for RC flying.
Thanks again guys..
Old 09-07-2012, 09:05 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mikecam

Sorry guys but with Spektrum going from dsm to dsm2 to dsmx to dsmj then JR jumping ship and coming out with their own dmss I would say there must of been issues.
Where do you guys get this misinformation?

DSM was always advertised for parkflyers only. It was never intended for anything more. DSM2 and DSMJ handled the "real airplane" market when they became available.

DSM2 and DSMJ are a Y off DSM, and are pretty contemporary with one another so far as development. DSMJ was developed for a single market (Asia) and it fills that need nicely. DSMX is built on top of DSM2. JR is hardly "jumping ship." They're still great partners in the markets where we sell them.

In contrast to other brands, Spektrum has provided continuity and compatibility for the upgrade path and has not confused the issue by having multiple incompatible products in production at the same time. Spektrum gives you solution that works across the board, from the smallest 4-channel Ultra Micro models to the largest jets, with no need to have different transmitters or add-on boxes to address incompatibilities.

Andy
Old 09-07-2012, 09:15 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

They read it on the Internet so it must be so!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:09 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Baracuda, love your club web-site. check mine at Skymacrc.com
Old 09-07-2012, 03:47 PM
yosephwhite
My Feedback: (34)

How much do you like your airplanes? Do you want do indanger others at the field or park? SEND IT IN AND BE SURE! I can't imagine using something if I didn't know that it was truly working as designed. IMO sending it into Horizon to be serviced is really your only safe option at this point.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:09 PM
jefflangton
My Feedback: (23)

We call em sprectum at my field. Tons of problems. AA batts in tx... extra satellites? Theres a reason for that, its crap. Tons of hrs 46 to be exact on futaba 10c. NOT ONE HIT OR GLICH.....NOT ONE
Old 09-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jefflangton

We call em sprectum at my field. Tons of problems. AA batts in tx... extra satellites? Theres a reason for that, its crap. Tons of hrs 46 to be exact on futaba 10c. NOT ONE HIT OR GLICH.....NOT ONE

Please! Get out more. Go to some contests. Go to some fly-ins. Go to the Nats. The technical world is much bigger than your club. Spektrum, JR, and Airtronics are all technically sound, whether you and your club fully understand them.

Kurt
Old 09-08-2012, 07:08 AM
geh3
My Feedback: (84)

Futaba baby Futaba.....2 antennas... no satellites...instant binding...instant rebinding in the event of a power surge....huge choice of transmitters and receivers...look at their industrial controls website.. this is where.the 2.4 tech came from.. it is bulletproof stuff...also they have SBUS tech, I haven't used but have seen it used...far fewer wires required to rig out a plane ..
Old 09-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Aerocal

The OP didnt have anything to do with advise on the type of equip he was using.It had to do with an issue he had with a specific radio.
Is there a specific reason why some users seem to want to turn a problem into a brand war? IMO its really kind of annoying.
Im not one to go crying to daddy everytime there is a troll in the group.I will however likely get my bic and light his purple hair on fire.