Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Transmitters, PPM, Channels, and FPV.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 07:21 PM
m1morrow
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitters, PPM, Channels, and FPV.

This is kind of a complicaed question for all you smart RC types........ here goes.

I'm currently into Sport Nitro planes. Ihave a great Futaba 7c 2.4ghz radio that i'm happy with.

I would like to get into FPV. I'm not planning on flying long range or anything but a UFH system would make my RC link much more safe and reliable and give me some peace of mind.

UHF systmes take and convert a PPM signal to a Frequency hopping UFH signal. From what I have heard the Band or signal length of PPM limits it to 8 channels........from my calculations I would like to have more like 10 channels for more complicated models in the future. 4 flight controlls, flaps, gear, tilt, pan, engine sync, stabilizer, osd, RTH, ect......it adds up quick..

Most UHF systems support only 8 channels, but the Thomas Scherrer system supports up to 12. Soooooooo Im confused. Can you really get 12 PPM channels out of the trainer port in a radio like the Futba 8FG or 12FG? Does the 8fg really have 12 real proportional channels?????

I know the 10C and 9C futabas only output 8 PPM channels thru the mudule port.............

Anyone Have advice for me for what Transmitter to upgrade to so I have more to work with in the future? There must be people that have had this problem.

Right now Im leaning toward an older mudular Futaba 10C so I can add a head tracker to the trainer port and plug the UHF into the module plug and settle for 8 channels...........