Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Turnigy 9x programming

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 12:48 PM
slackyhacky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turnigy 9x programming

Hi,

I have a Turnigy 9x radio. I recently had to replace the motor on my plane - and after I did, things don't work the same.

I have to push the throttle half way up before the motor will ingage. Consequently, the top prop speed is only half of what it was and I doubt the plane will take off. I supose it could be the motor, but that is unlikely (the motor has the same specs as the previous motor).

I was wondering if I can program the radio to make motor start turning at the beginning of the throttle throw (rather than the middle). Is there a way to do this (besides trim? - trimming all the way didn't make much of a difference.

Is it possible I changed the ESC programming with my soldering? I hope this isn't the case - I have absolutely no idea how to reprogram the ESC. I doubt I have the tools to do it anyway.

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2012, 02:25 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Turnigy 9x programming

Could you tell us what esc and plane you have exactly? I think it is the problem. Please also check the "display" on the 9x while working the throttle.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:47 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you re-calibrate the the throttle channel after the motor change?

As Guver asked, what ESC, motor are you using?

Buzz.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:04 PM
slackyhacky

I don't know the exact ESC.

This is the plane - it came with the ESC. I'll look and see if I can determine the make.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16657

I didn't recalibrate anything - just unhooked the old motor, and put the new one on.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:16 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

If the throttle on the 9x display and all other channels work ok then it is probably an esc. You could just plug a servo into the throttle channel and see if it has full swing.