Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec optima 6 NOT binding!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 08:48 PM
nlxon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec optima 6 NOT binding!

<xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view></w:worddocument></xml>Just upgraded my Eclipse7 with a 2.4GHz module and Optima 6 receiver; I've followed the linking steps (tx is in PPM mode), however when I release the RX button to complete the link the blue light doesn't come on, but the TX module red light is solid and blue light is flashing, which means its linking? What’s going on?
Old 09-15-2012, 01:40 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec optima 6 NOT binding!

ORIGINAL: nlxon Just upgraded my Eclipse7 with a 2.4GHz module and Optima 6 receiver;
I've followed the linking steps (tx is in PPM mode), however when I release the RX button to complete the link
the blue light doesn't come on, but the TX module red light is solid and blue light is flashing, which means its linking? What’s going on?
If you have bought a new Spectra Module and Optima Transceiver in the one pack, they should have been already set up.
Anyhow, given that you have the latest firmware in both units, the printed instructions will be out of date, the blue light now
flashes so quickly on the transceiver, that it may often not be seen, refer:

. AFHSS - ID_Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Test Procedure for
........Aurora 9, Spectra 2.4Ghz Module <> Optima Transceiver or Minima Receiver.
extract " 07 Oct 2011 Update:
Blue LED on Optima V2.02 may not hold steady after ID setup, just a very brief flash.
Red LED then holds steady.
Cycle power both TX & Optima to complete and then range test as usual."

The following may also assist:
. Hitec Eclipse 7 & Eclipse 7 Pro - All Manuals, Addenda, Quick Setup, CCPM and Additional Programming FAQ

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
AFHSS Modules, Optima, Minima& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 09-15-2012, 02:18 AM
nlxon

Thanks A.T.,

That may explane why the servos have been operational and range check worked.

Would you happen to know of any issues around not having the RX wire in a vert. postion, but rather a horz. position; I plan to use this set up for a Jazz60 wing.

Thanks ,
Old 09-15-2012, 02:47 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: nlxon Thanks A.T.,
That may explane why the servos have been operational and range check worked.
Would you happen to know of any issues around not having the RX wire in a vert. postion,
but rather a horz. position; I plan to use this set up for a Jazz60 wing. Thanks ,
Noproblem depending upon construction material, please refer:
. Optima Transceiver & Minima Receiver - Installation RX & BODA Antenna FAQ,
Volts & Range Test Results. {Regularily Updated with Q&A}

Suggest you familiarise yourself with the headers onthe FAQ page, quoted Post #2,
content of which is updated daily.

Alan T.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:38 PM
jrlingrel

I upgraded my Eclipse 7 to 2,4 and am able to bind to the Optima 6 receivers, but Ihave 2 Minima 6 receivers that both fail to bind, any ideas

John

Old 09-20-2012, 08:28 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: jrlingrel I upgraded my Eclipse 7 to 2,4 and am able to bind to the Optima 6 receivers, but Ihave 2 Minima 6 receivers that both fail to bind, any ideas John

As in post #4, suggest you familiarise yourself with the headers onthe FAQ page,
and as quoted Post #2 :

. AFHSS - ID_Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Test Procedure for
........Aurora 9, Spectra 2.4Ghz Module <> Optima Transceiver or Minima Receiver.

There are two separate methods of ID_Setup (for the Transceivers (Optima) and Receivers (Minima)
as disclosed within the last twopictures.
Note especially theseparate LED operation on the module and how to change from one to the other,
(A flashing RED LED for Transceiver setup and a Flashing BLUE LEDfor Receiver setup).

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
AFHSS Modules, Optima, Minima& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.