Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Busted antenna on a futaba pcm receiver

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 04:42 AM
Turbobruce
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Busted antenna on a futaba pcm receiver

Can I solder on a new antenna wire to a pcm receiver without having any problems? I bought this receiver from a friend who used it in a Heli. He had some weired antenna soldered on it. I want to know if I can buy antenna wire and solder it on safely with no problems. Thanks for the input.
Old 04-22-2002, 06:11 AM
ftomteen4cat

You can. Tower has futaba antennas. Or you can use a 39 inch length of 28 to 30 gauge stranded copper wire.

If it has a channel sticker on it, you can just cut it in half at the seam. For the receivers without screws, use a nylon pick to pry the case. Make a note of how the old antenna is routed in the case, you'll want to route the new antenna the same way. You can use a needlenose to grip the wire as you melt the solder, then pull to tear the glue holding the insulation to the PCB.

Pop the strain relief boot on, reroute the wire, and solder in place.

It's not mandatory that you reglue it. If you do, a very light application of silicone sealant or hot-melt glue will do well. You can use CA, but it's very difficult to clean off if you need to replace the antenna again.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:19 PM
Turbobruce
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks for the great info. I will order an antenna this week.