Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DX8 SPEKTRUM BINDING

I have a DX8 Spektrum transmitter and am trying to bind a AR400 receiver. The light in the transmitter
    shows steady when I bind the tx to it, but none of my servos will move. Please help. Aframe2
    aframe2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: DX8 SPEKTRUM BINDING

ORIGINAL: aframe2

I have a DX8 Spektrum transmitter and am trying to bind a AR400 receiver. The light in the transmitter
    shows steady when I bind the tx to it, but none of my servos will move. Please help. Aframe2
    Did you try connecting the Bind Plug to the Bind/Data port, connecting a fully charged battery to one of the Servo ports, wait for the Flashing lights on the Rx, depress the Bind Button on the DX8, wait for the flashing lights on the Rx to go out and come on Solid, check the DX8 display to see that the Bind Process was complete, remove the battery from the Servo port, remove the Bind Plug and power off the DX8?

Connect a servo to the AR400, connect a battery to a Servo port, power up the DX8, and see if the servo will respond to Stick movement.

Keep the Tx a couple of feet away from the Rx when Binding. Be sure the Rx battery is 5v or 6v.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPMAR400-Manual.pdf
    Rich
    byronf16@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bushbarber, Yes I did everything you mentioned, and I did get the solid light indicating
    a successful bind. One thing I did that might cause a problem was using a 4.8v receiver
    battery. I am charging a 6v battery and will try that. Aframe2
    aframe2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: aframe2

Bushbarber, Yes I did everything you mentioned, and I did get the solid light indicating
    a successful bind. One thing I did that might cause a problem was using a 4.8v receiver
    battery. I am charging a 6v battery and will try that. Aframe2
    Sounds good! I am sure others will chime in on this issue.

The only Binding problem I ever ran into was with an AR9000. I had Bound the Tx and Rx several times at my club field and at home with no issues. I tried to Bind at an airport next to a large metal aircraft hangar. It would not Bind. I called Horizon and they suggested I move out to the runway away from the hangar. I did so and had no trouble Binding.
    Rich
    byronf16@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

aframe
    I know its going to sound stupid but are you sure the servo leads arent plugged in upside down?
    Ive seen it a few times and managed to do it myself somehow once.Just a thought.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Aerocal, I don't think so, but I will look to make sure. Doesn't make sense to me that the receiver
    shows a good bind and none of the servos work. The battery lead and the bind plug are plugged
    into the receiver the same way, but I will make sure about the servo leads. Thanks, Aframe2
    aframe2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Aerocal, You were right, I had the servo leads in backwards. Works great now. Thanks, Aframe2
    aframe2