Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

12Z Flaps Question

To all,

I set my flaps up on a three position switch with four off sets on the pmix section.

I have everything working as I want, but the flaps jerk and bounce a lot between the two settings.

Is there a way to slow the servo down or slow the movement down? I tried the setting is the off set pmix, but that did not solve it.

Thanks for any ideas.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 12Z Flaps Question

On page 60 of your 12Z manual (under ATV - End Point) there is a setting for 'speed' for a function. That will allow you to slow down the response from a switch changing. I have not used it on flaps but I think it will work for you.

Woodie
    There is nothing so simple it can't be messed up by someone....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The previous post is correct you can use the ATV (end point adjustment) screen to adjust the speed of the flaps. However, remember that anything in the 'Linkage' menu is applied only to the single channel (flaps). So in this case the flaps speed would change downward to whatever you set the speed to on the ATV screen. If you want elevator to move down some when you lower the flaps (to keep the plane from balooning) and use a flap-elevator mix to do this then when you lower the flaps the elevator will jump downward instead of going slow becasue the slowed speed of the flaps is only applied to the flap channel. If you want the elevator to also move down slowly as the flaps are moving down then, you wnat to adjust the flap servo speed on the AFR screen and not the ATV screen. This enables the flap speed adjustment to be shared when mixed with the elevator so that as the flaps move down/up slowly then so does the elevator. Remember that items assigned in the 'Linkage' menu apply only to the specificcally identified channel while items in the 'Model' menue can be passed to other functions via mixes, etc. Very important info that is not discussed in the manual - even in Japlish. By the way, I have done this many times with my flaps.

Howard
    If you want to be politically correct, try lying.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good point Howard. If anything is 'mixed' with the flaps, using your approach will result in a much smoother transition when flaps are deployed.

Woodie
    There is nothing so simple it can't be messed up by someone....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There is one other thing that you can do is add a servo rate reducer to the flaps. It takes 4 seconds to come down. I have this on the flaps of my RV-8 and works good. Sold by Dionysus Design. Just food for thought.