Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Dx8 to futaba?

ORIGINAL: Fatam

No reason to get together now, what IÂ*would really like is my brand new carbon z yak back!!!Â* We have a very nice feild that we fly at.Â* You can check it out at www.davenportrc.orgÂ* its a sod farm so no trees no hills no nothing but lots of grass.Â* We are very spoiled.Â* Every year we have quite a few big flys.Â* ...
    The idea was to get together as modelers, that's all. You're still welcome to stop by sometime if you're in the area. My wife is from Clear Lake so passing through Davenport isn't unusual. My niece lives near Davenport and is getting married next June. Maybe I'll bring something fun to do. Maybe I'll show up at one of your events. You're also welcome to come to one of ours, too. The big difference next year vs. this year is that the IMAC championships move between clubs, so we won't be hosting it in 2013.

Yes, Danny and I work on radio projects together. He's a great guy.

It looks like you guys have a nice field. I used to fly sometimes at a sod farm in NJ. Without fail somebody would hit the drainage ditch or a piece of farm equipment left out there. It almost seemed like a game sometimes. Our field www.elifield.com has an 800' paved runway (lots of jet jocks, all flying Spektrum). Back in NJ all my planes were hand-launch or big wheels for grass, now they're almost all with retracts.

Andy
    Andy Kunz - AMA 46063
    Spektrum Development Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wow, want an evangelist

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been using spektrum and jr radios for years without problems and that's using 4.8 volt receiver battery. after reading through this forum that most of you suggest using a 6.0 volt battery would greatly reduce a brown out,I will change my batteries . Thanks guys , I have learned a great deal .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TimBle

wow, want an evangelist
    So far you have added nothing of substance to this thread .
    Can i get an AMEN?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Post #14.

nuff said.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mighty9

wow, want an evangelist
    So far you have added nothing of substance to this thread .
    Can i get an AMEN?
    You really expected substance ?
    Libby is still watching you

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't understand why people want to deal with all these myths as to why Spectrum is having these problems. I would never take that chance. Also why would JR start changing their new line if radios with new technology? Clearly there's something wrong with their system. I fly Futaba have a 10c going on 3 years over 15 planes and have never had any issues. Yet people at our field have also experienced similar problems with Spectrum. I am starting to see more Futaba radios at he field. Most of them being 8FG's.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maybe, just maybe, JR would like to have a product they can sell around the world as well as a product that they can sell here too? Ya think?

Andy
    Andy Kunz - AMA 46063

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You should ask the moderators to close this. You already bought the new transmitter of your choice, and the thread is no longer related to the question you originally asked.
    - Carrell

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

won't happen because the Spektrum evangelists haven't finished their sermon yet.
    and if you still don't believe they will beat you with the Spektrum bible. And if, savage, you're still not a believer, they send in RMH and Kunz to spread the word and challenge anyone who dares offer freedom from the tyranny of lock outs and falling foam.

The next chapter is the RF Inquisition where DMSS, AFHSS and FASSTest will be exorcised from your tormented soul and replaced with promises of the 2nd (or is it the 6th coming....?) of the one true transmission protocol.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm glad to stay with my 72mhz Futaba with a mix of Futaba & Hitec receivers for the forseeable future.
    - Carrell

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes, i listed it as a parts radio along with the 4 receivers and explained in my description of the item the issues i had with it, along with a pic of the work order from horizon hobby stating what they did to check the radio and receivers and found no problems with. I stated i no longer trust the radio even after horizon checked it out. I contacted the winning bidder just to be sure he knew what he was buying and problems i had with it before i sent it to him. i hope he had better luck with it than i did

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

won't happen because the Spektrum evangelists haven't finished theirÂ*sermonÂ*yet.
    and if youÂ*stillÂ*don'tÂ*believeÂ*they will beat you with the Spektrum bible. And if, savage, you're still not a believer, they send in RMH and Kunz to spread the word and challenge anyone who dares offer freedom from the tyranny of lock outs and falling foam.

The next chapter is the RF Inquisition where DMSS, AFHSS and FASSTest will be exorcised from your tormented soul and replaced with promises of the 2nd (or is it the 6th coming....?) of the one true transmission protocol.
    Hmm, interesting take.
    Since I bought a DX8 in 2010, I've read nearly every post RMH and Andy have made.
    Andy, in particular has said many times in other threads that the best radio is the one
    someone feels most comfortable with, learning this by visiting a shop, if possible, that carries
    the various brands and actually holding them. And, he has recommended visiting the local flying fields
    and maybe use what the locals are using so they can help with programming and such.

I've seen RMH state several times that all the brands work great, just figure out which offers the features you need and
    buy what you like. They all work.

A far cry from what Timble just said.

In fact, I've read a lot of Timble's posts, too, and I would say
    that the person described in the above Timble post actually best describes Timble.
    Of course, substitute whatever "one true transmission protocol" that Timble evangelizes I forget which
    one it is.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: avidflyguy

yes, i listed it as a parts radio along with the 4 receivers and explained in my description of the item the issues i had with it, along with a pic of the work order from horizon hobby stating what they did to check the radio and receivers and found no problems with. I stated i no longer trust the radio even after horizon checked it out. I contacted the winning bidder just to be sure he knew what he was buying and problems i had with it before i sent it to him. i hope he had better luck with it than i did
    It would be nice to know how the new owner fairs with it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop ??????????????

This will keep this thread going !!!!!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 804

won't happen because the Spektrum evangelists haven't finished theirÂ*sermonÂ*yet.
    and if youÂ*stillÂ*don'tÂ*believeÂ*they will beat you with the Spektrum bible. And if, savage, you're still not a believer, they send in RMH and Kunz to spread the word and challenge anyone who dares offer freedom from the tyranny of lock outs and falling foam.

Hmm, interesting take.
    Since I bought a DX8 in 2010, I've read nearly every post RMH and Andy have made.
    Andy, in particular has said many times in other threads that the best radio is the one
    someone feels most comfortable with, learning this by visiting a shop, if possible, that carries
    the various brands and actually holding them. And, he has recommended visiting the local flying fields
    and maybe use what the locals are using so they can help with programming and such.

I've seen RMH state several times that all the brands work great, just figure out which offers the features you need and

that the person described in the above Timble post actually best describes Timble.
    Of course, substitute whatever ''one true transmission protocol'' that Timble evangelizes I forget which
    one it is.
    The reason for that is because I've been a modeler all my life, my father built & flew (I have some of his), my grandfather built and flew (my brother has his). Modeling is in my blood, plain and simple. I suspect that a huge number of the guys here are just like me in that regard.

It's far more important to me that we keep modelers actively building and flying than it is what brand they fly. I want to see the hobby grow, I want to see parents and children modeling together. I want to see the hobby grow. Not because it pays my bills, it's far deeper than that.

I worked in a hobby shop for 10 years part-time before coming to Horizon. I designed and manufactured ESCs for 11 years (and marketed them - 1 man shop). I also did my share of buying, ever since I was a little kid. I've never been a sponsored pilot (still ain't), shoot, I'm hardly even a "good" pilot, but I enjoy flying. I think I've gotten a pretty good view of the hobby from a lot of different directions over the past 45 years of playing with these things.

I even buy products from companies other than Horizon. Shudder - the very thought of it! Some of them are really good, some are really good after a few tweaks. Others are given away to somebody who likes to make major design changes. It doesn't matter, I'm a modeler, not a religious zealot like Tim thinks (at least not about hobby brands). I chose Spektrum for technical reasons a long time before I came to work here; it was then superior to the alternative and imho it still is today (knowing much more than I did then). I still have most of my original Spektrum stuff, and I still fly it. In my most precious models! Because it's good, and it works! I have a collection of JR, Hitec, EK, Futaba, Heathkit, and Kraft stuff too (antiques so they rarely get used any more). Except for the batteries, I expect they'd all still work as well as when I last put them away.

The way I see it, the best equipment is the stuff that draws you closer to your friends or helps you make new ones. The equipment has to be comfortable for you to use, or you'll be wishing you had bought something else. Discomfort is not a good way to keep people in the hobby! They'll soon run out of money to get the "right" product if they have to keep buying for a religious reason like Tim, or for fads or something like you see with the phone crazes.

Nothing chases people away more than the idiocy of one-brand zealots who constantly berate others for their choices, be it online or at the flying field. If you want to have friends, you need to be friendly yourself. A little good-natured ribbing is fine, I do it in PMs with my friends who need cameras in their Tx to match up their models, and they do it back to me for having my equipment that's smarter than me.

Thanks for the post, 804! Maybe one of these days we'll drag your sorry butt out of the Free State of Indiana into the Peoples Republic of Illinois to do some flying together

Andy
    Andy Kunz - AMA 46063

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why thank you bigphil! Now I just need help, this thing is confusing.
    I'll be happy to help you learn to speak Futaba Fatam, just gimme a jingle when you're ready.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop ??????????????
    The owl says two, DDog! [8D]
    Big Phil
    AMA 6762

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

won't happen because the Spektrum evangelists haven't finished theirsermonyet.
    and if youstilldon'tbelievethey will beat you with the Spektrum bible. And if, savage, you're still not a believer, they send in RMH and Kunz to spread the word and challenge anyone who dares offer freedom from the tyranny of lock outs and falling foam.

Interesting... Thanks for posting this.. Until now I considered your posts credible enough to reply to..
    My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my planes for what I told her they cost.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Of course, substitute whatever "one true transmission protocol" that Timble evangelizes I forget which
    one it is.
    Well said, I was thinking exactly the same thing..

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my planes for what I told her they cost.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

won't happen because the Spektrum evangelists haven't finished theirsermonyet.
    and if youstilldon'tbelievethey will beat you with the Spektrum bible. And if, savage, you're still not a believer, they send in RMH and Kunz to spread the word and challenge anyone who dares offer freedom from the tyranny of lock outs and falling foam.
    Hmm, interesting take.

one it is.

turned around like a true disciple

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How do you like the DX8? I went over to a field last week and I noticed several flyers with new DX8 radios. Some very impressive features and an attractive radio. I have not seen the Futaba 8 up close yet. One of the guys I fly with is strong Futaba man, but he flies with the higher end Futaba radios so I don't think he will be getting an 8 channel.

For the most part people overbuy where radios are concerned. I do the same thing as I always have more radio than I could possibly ever need. I think over-buying just like over-powering is another fun part of the RC hobby.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think whaat we should be asking is:

Rob2160 what is your job that you get a big salary and around 20 days off per month?

That seems like something we could all enjoy!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ncsky

Rob2160 what is your job that you get a big salary and around 20 days off per month?

Here is a clue....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

Â*I think whaat we should be asking is:

Rob2160 what is your job that you get a big salary and around 20 days off per month?Â* [img][/img]

Here is a clue....
    Ahhhhhhhhhh lounging in the glass cockpit - toying with an IPad checklist - Cabin girls bringing coffee - ahhhhhhhhhh
    ( you get the first shift -wake me for landing).
    Did I get it right?
    Wrong?
    When I was was flying the mail runs over the rockies in an open cockpit - things were tough
    We had to thaw out our words before we could transmit-
    But seriously
    Libby is still watching you

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rmh

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

Rob2160 what is your job that you get a big salary and around 20 days off per month? [img][/img]

Here is a clue....
    Ahhhhhhhhhh lounging in the glass cockpit - toying with an IPad checklist - Cabin girls bringing coffee - ahhhhhhhhhh
    ( you get the first shift -wake me for landing).
    Did I get it right?
    Wrong?
    When I was was flying the mail runs over the rockies in an open cockpit - things were tough
    We had to thaw out our words before we could transmit-
    But seriously
    Yes, you got it.. but I'm still trying to join this airline...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtbeB-00vGs[/youtube]

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast