Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Best HK digital high torque/speed servo?

Old 10-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Best HK digital high torque/speed servo?

Any input on which of the many servos that HK offers are best suited for a 50cc aerobat?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:15 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Best HK digital high torque/speed servo?

None of them !! Do some research and you will be surprised at the low quality manufacturing, no qaulity control. I don't think I would put them in a cheap foamy.

Frank
Old 10-28-2012, 05:52 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used several of their servos and have had no problems- in fact they work just as well as some of the major brands that are sold here but usually at four times the price although they are manfactured in China as well. I currently have a 89 inch Yak with HK servos and a 62cc motor and have had not had a single issue. You can also find Hi-Tec servos being sold there and I believe JR servos brand is there as well-
Old 10-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Mpizpilot

I know HK has their issues. Believe me,I've had my own with them. That being said, I've also had good expierences with them. I'm quite sure that some of the servos are junk, but with the huge assortment they have, something in there has to be worth using.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:19 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

The last ones I bought were digital and I think they were around $35 each and titanium gear-futaba arms will fit as well and operate on 2s lipo without regulator-hope this helps
Turnigy 1269HV
Old 10-28-2012, 06:42 PM
mighty9
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look into the power hd digital servos. If you prefer Redwing Rc in the states has them priced in sets very reasonable.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:57 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

I use the power hd1501 analogs in my warbirds. I have about 12 of them with no failures. Not very fast but very strong and priced right. I get them from TBM. I ran the first ones in my trainer for a test for 25 flights and was happy with the turn out.
Edwin
Old 10-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Mpizpilot

ORIGINAL: mighty9

Look into the power hd digital servos. If you prefer Redwing Rc in the states has them priced in sets very reasonable.
I've been using power hd's myself also, 1501's have been great. I'm looking for digital's this time around. Went to redwing and ended up ordering the XQ 4016 digital's. Redwing really talks them up so I'll give em a shot.