Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

help with wiring my reciver

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 05:29 PM
joshrc110

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with wiring my reciver

sorry im new here and not sure if im even in the right spot.... but i need help..

im trying to use my e-sky fm 6 channel receiver and my emax cf2822 but i have no clue how to wire it... i also have a hk-hw20a esc.. can anyone help me with a diagram maybe?
Old 11-05-2012, 06:12 PM
joshrc110

Default RE: help with wiring my reciver

anyone please

Old 11-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Aerocal

Plug the 3 wires from the motor into the big wires on the ESC.Plug the servo lead from the ESC into the throttle channel on the Rx.If it runs backwards swap 2 of the motor wires.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:34 PM
joshrc110

thanks for the reply my wire coming from the esc is 3 wire and my throttle is 2 wire?

Old 11-05-2012, 07:46 PM
harttvboy04
My Feedback: (32)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: joshrc110

thanks for the reply my wire coming from the esc is 3 wire and my throttle is 2 wire?

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...ro_wiring.html

That should do it

Best,

Chris

Old 11-05-2012, 07:49 PM
joshrc110

thanks once more iv followed that diagram to the T and un did the red wire from the esc lead so i have a 2 wire plug now one white wire and one black red is disconnected. when i plug it in to my throttle port the motor beeps and does not move?
Old 11-05-2012, 07:55 PM
joshrc110

i tryed another motor and still nothing and i think the beeping is coming from the esc

Old 11-05-2012, 08:08 PM
joshrc110

ok so when i plug in the esc to the battary i get 3 beeps like a lil song type beep beep beep ? but motor will not respond

Old 11-05-2012, 08:24 PM
joshrc110

here are the pics of the components im using and im also using a 11.1v 800mAh 3 cell li-po battery..
im not getting any moving from any motors and when i plug in the battery i get a beep beep beep song like sound. but no more beeping after the start up
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57390.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1818009  
Attached Images   
Old 11-05-2012, 11:19 PM
harttvboy04
My Feedback: (32)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Reconnect that wire - it is supplying power to your rx. Be careful! Your system is not arming because it does not sense the throttle channel properly- check your TZ and make sure the throttle is all the way down and trim all the way back- if not go all the way up and trim up on throttle- if it arms then the throttle is reversed. Do this with no prop on to be safe!

best,

chris
Old 11-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Jefferey

Follow these instructions :-
1. Mount the receiver with servo tape, away from areas of heavy vibration, such as the motor or main gear.
2. Wrap the antenna wire around the landing skids for best possible reception, and secure it with a zip-tie.
3. Connect the roll servo, located to the left of the main shaft, to channel 1 on the receiver.
4. Connect the pitch servo (usually mounted facing the tail) to channel 2.
5. Attach the ESC (electronic speed controller) servo lead to channel 3.
6. Connect the gyro and tail servo to channel 4 (they share one channel).
7. Plug in the last remaining swash plate servo to channel 6.
8. Wrap all wires to the model frame using zip-ties every few inches.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:15 AM
aghost
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joshrc: The beeps are trying to tell you something. The ESC instructions should have a list of beep signals and what they mean.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:21 AM
joshrc110

i fixed it i had to do the 4 in 1 hack and got it all working right but now im having an issue with my motor not spinning up to full speed?
Old 11-06-2012, 01:08 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

I don't know what you mean by the "4 in 1 hack" or why you show two receivers in the photos but the wiring diagram above has a problem if you do not have a separate BEC.  That diagram shows your receiver power coming from the separate BEC instead of the BEC from the ESC - that is why you need to reconnect it - and get rid of the second receiver.
Also, the "ratings" on the HK ESC show 18 Amp max and 2-3S cells.  What that probably means is 18Amps at 2S and 12Amps at 3S (same wattage).  Your motor takes about 16Amp for max speed. so it will not quite get there with that ESC.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:23 PM
joshrc110

i had to do the 4in1 hack to my esky reciver that is in the pic.. it was for my heli but im scraping this all together and getting a new tx and rx
Old 11-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Aerocal

Glad to see you got it all basically going.The beeps you hear actually come from the motor itself.The ESC puts out pulse that makes the motor windings create sound.
If its not sending full power to the motor the ESC may need calibration.Double check the instructions for your specific ESC but calibration is generally done by powering it up at full stick.Then when you hear the tones it has recorded the full stick position so you immediately move the stick to low position and it will make some more tones then arm itself.Usually its a good idea to make sure the throttle trim is recentered before calibration so the ESC calibrates to a no trim low stick position.

You didnt say how many cells you are running this setup on.I have read that this ESC has a premature cutoff issue when running it with 2cell LiPo(2S).They work fine on 3S.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:53 PM
joshrc110

ya its a 3s.. but im changing everything now to a new tx and rx witch is hitec optic 6 tx and hitec superslim rx but atm im having trouble gettin the tx and rx linked