RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX7 Throttle Programming

Old 11-11-2012, 05:47 AM
dherk42@msn.com

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default DX7 Throttle Programming

Is there any way of programming the throttle stick on my DX7 to apply only a certain percentage of power during takeoff and then after takeoff, change to 100 percent?
Old 11-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Aerocal

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DX7 Throttle Programming

You need to be more detailed about what you are trying to do and what type of model it is.Acro or Heli? Also to confirm DX7(original) or new DX7s?
Old 11-11-2012, 09:38 AM
pilotpete2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If your radio has dual rates on the throttle channel you could program a lower rate for takeoff, but this sounds like a recipe for a crash.
For normal flying you'd be better off just learning to use the full range of the throttle
Pete
Old 11-11-2012, 11:47 AM
dherk42@msn.com

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It's a DX7. I've got a 15X8 prop on a Turnigy C46 motor and when I used a 13X8, it appeared underpowered, but the 15X8 seems to torque it over to the left tremendously right at the end of the takeoff run. This is a trainer aircraft that I converted from glow to electric. Not even sure what the aircraft started out as originally, I think it's a fuselage of an old aircraft and a wing from another (but it's fun to play with).
Old 11-11-2012, 12:10 PM
AndyKunz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Simple - don't use the throttle stick as a switch! Advance the power only to the point you need to take off. Don't just jam it to the firewall.

Andy
Old 11-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Woody218

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There's a reason that these channels are "proportional". Like the previous poster suggested, don't just nail full throttle, ease it in. Also, if it's torquing to the left, use right rudder to keep it straight.

Wake up your left hand!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Bozarth

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: dherk42@msn.com

Is there any way of programming the throttle stick on my DX7 to apply only a certain percentage of power during takeoff and then after takeoff, change to 100 percent?

Yes, activate a mix with a switch. Mix a added percent of throttle to throttle when you move a switch. It is possible, whether other people want you to do it or not.

Kurt
Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 AM
rmh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: AndyKunz

Simple - don't use the throttle stick as a switch! Advance the power only to the point you need to take off. Don't just jam it to the firewall.

Andy
Back when -I was helping some of the older guys learn to fly and found that the old Mode 1 flyers -always jammed the throttle wide open on take off
Why?
because it was the only why they had learned how to operate ailerons- they simply never learned to do this unless the stick was against the stops.
Not all Mode 1 flyers - just a select bunch who all flew together . They were originally, reed flyers .
One of em tho was different - and he taught me a lot - he could fly any mode and never trimmed the model -he just flew whatever correction required.
He also was heli/multi/ single engine rated.

Search this Thread