Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX6i / Parkzone Radian Pro Motor Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 12:52 PM
pipercub4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post DX6i / Parkzone Radian Pro Motor Problem

Hey Guys! Quick question for ya.

I have a problem that has been stumping me for months. I am the owner of a Parkzone radian pro. It flew great for hundreds of flights then one day decided to start having throttle issues.

Here is the problem. Whenever I spool up the throttle to full or anywhere in between, the prop turns very slowly and jitters back and fourth (reversing directions for a quarter turn hundreds of times a second) meaning it never completes a full turn. It does so with very low torque, I can stop it with my hand quite easily. It just kinda spazzes out! Initially, it sounded like a classic burnt out motor. I have removed each section of the electronics and replaced them one by one with parts from my brothers identical radian pro, trying to isolate the problem. When tried with the spare motor, esc, and receiver (individually) and multiple identical batteries, the same problem still exists.

Any ideas of what is causing this problem? The only thing I have not used is a different transmitter (going to borrow a friends today). Why would it be the Transmitter? It worked perfect one day and the next it did not.

Last edited by pipercub4; 03-18-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:20 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Try a different (or no) prop. Motors do that because they don't have the torque to start up as quickly as the ESC is trying. Another possibility is bad connectors/wiring in the power circuitry.

Andy