Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 14MZ gone, 14SG coming

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 10:22 PM
John Sohm
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 14MZ gone, 14SG coming

Got an email the other day from Tower Hobbies with early specials, one of which was the 14MZ - $700 off, price $1,599. Been keeping an eye on the site since and it took about a day for the stock to be exhausted on the aircraft radio. Yesterday order was pending, today discontinued. The heli version is limited stock last I checked. I'm surprised it took this long for it to happen since the 18MZ has been out for almost a year now. The good news is they have a new 14 channel radio, the 14SG, due in November (which usually translates to Dec/Jan) and it's selling for $599. Resembles the 8FG but also supports FASSTest and S-FHSS protocols. When I got the email stating the amount of discount on the 14MZ, I knew it was clearing out the old to make room for the new. Anyway, here's the link for the new 14SG.

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...futk9410m.html
Old 11-13-2012, 06:03 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 14MZ gone, 14SG coming

ORIGINAL: John Sohm

Got an email the other day from Tower Hobbies with early specials, one of which was the 14MZ - $700 off, price $1,599. Been keeping an eye on the site since and it took about a day for the stock to be exhausted on the aircraft radio. Yesterday order was pending, today discontinued. The heli version is limited stock last I checked. I'm surprised it took this long for it to happen since the 18MZ has been out for almost a year now. The good news is they have a new 14 channel radio, the 14SG, due in November (which usually translates to Dec/Jan) and it's selling for $599. Resembles the 8FG but also supports FASSTest and S-FHSS protocols. When I got the email stating the amount of discount on the 14MZ, I knew it was clearing out the old to make room for the new. Anyway, here's the link for the new 14SG.

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...futk9410m.html
There is a thread on this radio that has been going for some time. You might want to check it out.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:57 AM
John Sohm

I realize that as I have read that thread. My main point was that the 14MZ is now history with a side bar that the 14SG will be arriving soon, actually available for pre-order now. Thanks though.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:08 PM
pilotpete2

With the price cuts on the 12FG and the 12Z, it's only a matter of time until they're gone too, along with the 6EX, 7C and 10C. It will be interesting to see what Futaba will be come out with to fill the gap between the new 14SG and the 18MZ, and what minor hardware production changes the 8FGs will get, since if it is to remain in production, they must at least update the SD card readers 2Gb maximum card size, as that size card is becoming unobtainium, and maybe update the hardware to also have S-FHSS support.
At $599, the 14SG looks real nice, but not looking to upgrade from the 8FG just yet.
Pete
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: pilotpete2
It will be interesting to see what Futaba will be come out with to fill the gap between the new 14SG and the 18MZ,
A 16SZ? 16MG? A 16MSGZ??

Old 11-13-2012, 09:27 PM
John Sohm

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: pilotpete2
It will be interesting to see what Futaba will be come out with to fill the gap between the new 14SG and the 18MZ,
A 16SZ? 16MG? A 16MSGZ??

You forgot the 16MSRP and the 16NoMSG
Old 10-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Chris kerby

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is The 14SG better than the 14MZ price is telling me no, I am in the process of buying the 14MZ from a friend £400 but I can buy the 14SG brand new for less.
what would you buy.

Chris
Old 10-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

If you want telemetry, then go with the 14sg. But for everything else, the SG is weak. Get the 14MZ. My 14 Mz has some time on it and I bought a 14sg with the intentions of selling the 14MZ, but I don't really like the SG, and it doesn't come close to the programing. So, I'm keeping the MZ.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:52 AM
nitrosavy

I have the 12z and 14mz and 14 sg, 12z 14mz have better internals gimbals/bearings etc and better programming features and a more high end feel about them, bad points would be both have **** battery's that don't last long so you need as spare batt on hand all the times, and no telemitry but apart from that nice radios. The 14 sg can run an life battery's that lasts for ages, has telemitry, and is a truck load cheaper, bad points would be small screen, not quite the same quality feeling as the other two and not as many programming features, not as high resolution, but still very good for the money. I'm a radio junky I just can't bring myself to sell any of them.