Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX7 switch assign Gyro rate / T-Hold

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 05:42 PM
PickyBiker

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DX7 switch assign Gyro rate / T-Hold

For my Blade 400 helicopter, I wanted to program the DX7 to have the Hold-Rudder D/R switch as the Throttle Hold function. That makes sense to me because not only does the label say Hold, but that switch is the easiest for me to get to with the index finger of my right hand. When something goes wrong, I can quickly flip it to Hold mode.

I also want to experiment with different gyro rates using the manual mode. Unfortunately, it appears that the same switch is the only one that can select one of the two programmed rates.

If I understand the manual correctly, it is impossible to use the Hold-Rudder D/R switch for the Hold function and the assign another switch (like the gear switch for example) to select the gyro rate...

Am I understanding this correctly or is there some way to do this?

Thanks,

Mike

Old 11-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Aerocal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX7 switch assign Gyro rate / T-Hold

Go to the Setup menus to assign Aux2 and Gear channel to its function.If you want to do it manually assign Gear/Gear or Aux2/Aux2 and use the endpoints of if you want to use the Gyro Sens menu assign Gear/Gyro or Aux2/Gyro.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:45 AM
PickyBiker

Thanks Aerocal ,

The problem was that I had the Input selected as Aux-Aux and Gear-Gyro. In that mode, it used either Auto F-Mode settings or the Hold-Rudder D/R switch to set the gyro rate. As you pointed out, switching it to Aux-Aux and Gear-Gear allowed me to use the endponts of the gear channel to select the gyro rate.

The only question I have now is that using the Gear channel endpoints means the values are positive with the switch in one direction and negative in the other. Can I assume the Gyro uses the absolute value and ignores the polarity so that +68 and -68 would be interpreted the same way?
Old 11-15-2012, 07:59 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

The distance off center is the gain, the direction off center is the mode. The further away from center the higher the gain.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:10 AM
PickyBiker

Got it!

Thanks again...