Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 9303 Duel Ailerons Duel Elevators

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Checklst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 9303 Duel Ailerons Duel Elevators

Hey guys Just pulled out my cheat sheets for setting up duel Elevators,duel ailerons on my 9303.............just installed a 2.4 spread specktum mod and have the 7ch receivers that came with the transmitter Mod. I just realized my cheat sheets say the elevators need 8 or 9 channel AUX 3 and the 7 channel only has Aux 1 & 2. Aux 2 used for Ailerons.......Gulp!!!!!!!!! Can the elevators use a work around and use AUX1.

Not that it is a big deal for me to use a Y cable on the elev and tweak them manually it just a little slower to make all the adjustments..........

Thanks in Advance
Old 11-18-2012, 09:23 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: JR 9303 Duel Ailerons Duel Elevators

Dual ailerons and elevators can be setup on any unused aux channel.

INHhibit AUX1 and AUX2 in the device menu.

Select them as the mates in wing type, one to the aileron, one to the elevator.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:20 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Checklst,

The 9303 programming is versatile. To make the most use of it, more information about your requirements is needed. First, are we to assume you are using ACRO programming and not GLID? If you are using ACRO, the AUX1 channel is the flap channel. Whether you can use it for your dual elevator, depends on what you choose in the Wing Type menu.

There are a several situations where the AUX1 (flap) channel will not be available. If you choose to have flaps, then AUX1 should be use for that and not for dual elevator. Should you wish for your dual ailerons to function as flaperons and you chose the Flaperon wing type, then the AUX1 channel will be assigned to the left aileron. Or if you chose the NORMAL wing type but mated AUX1 to aileron, it will obviously not be useable for dual elevator.

In the DeviceSEL you can inhibit all the channels listed and mate them to the primary channels: throttle, aileron, elevator, and rudder. With a seven-channel receiver, the AUX3 and AUX4 channels are not applicable. Before going to the Wing Type menu, you should in the DeviceSEL inhibit all the channels you don’t anticipate using. If I'm not using retracts, the GEAR channel would be the first I would inhibit for mating to another channel.

Allan

Old 11-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Checklst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like it can be done. Big thanks to Aworrest,and Barrcuda, I'm starting to understand most of what you say....(Scary) usually it goes right over my head. The receiver is the 7010 specktrum the plane is a simple straight forward Yak 50cc gas..... 2 elevator, 2 Ailerons, 1 rudder, 1 throttle.
I was planning to use the gear/flap channel for the ignition cut off but that could be changed.

Thanks again guys your info has pointed me in the right direction....... it been 3 years since I programmed a new plane. Now I'm doing all 3 of my gas at the same time on the new 2.4, 7010 receiver.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:55 PM
BarracudaHockey

2 ailerons
2 elevators
1 rudder
1 throttle
1 ign cut

Should work just fine.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:51 PM
rmh

Gee your radios must be different than the 9303's I had
Mine had NO trim on the mix setups using the mixes (1-5 etc..)
Has something changed?
Old 11-18-2012, 05:42 PM
BarracudaHockey

Yup, you dont use mixes for dual surfaces, you use mates, solves that problem
Old 11-18-2012, 06:45 PM
rmh

I will have to read more slowly-