Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Power HD servos

I have not found much information on Power HD servos I am useing one HD1501 mg analog servo on rudder on a AMR 50 stick. I had no trouble from it all summer and am thinking of useing four of them in a 26 cc airframe. What has been other peoples experience with them? Iam cautious to use them due to low price under $15.00 each and off brand.What has been your experience withthem and what model # have youused.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Power HD servos

I have several PHD1501's and they have never gave me any trouble. They have a good torque rating and for the price I think they are a great deal.
    I have used other PDH servos as well like the 1160A, 1711MG, D65, and 9150MG. I had an "out of box' failure with two 1160's and Value Hobby replaced them and they performed good. I run some 9150's on rudder and on one plane the rudder took a good shot under load and after that the servo jittered a bit on center so I retired that servo , No problems with any of the others and no complaints on performance.
    Now IF I ever build a 3K+ plane I would probably just go with Hitecs but for the majority of my planes these work fine.

Brian Ray

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Using some Solar servos might be a better option as they have very good specs., have gotten good reviews for users and are similarly priced as the Power HD units.

Karol
    When inverted always remember that down is up and visa versa

ORIGINAL: overbuild

I have not found much information on Power HD servos I am useing one HD1501 mg analogΒ* servo on rudder on a AMR 50 stick. I had no trouble from it all summer and am thinking of useing four of them in a 26 cc airframe. What has been other peoples experience with them? IΒ*am cautious to use them due to low price under $15.00 each and off brand.Β*What has been your experience withΒ*them and what model # have youΒ*used.Β*Β*
    I started with hd6001's, but had two failures. Switched to the 1501's and have had nothing but great luck. I've got a total of 12 in two airplanes. Great servo for the price.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bought 4 Power HD 9 gram servos. One was DOA. They appear to be relabled Turnigy servos.
    oldflyer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have over 24 hd1501 in service now with zero issues. Great servo for the money.We use them in planes form 40 size glow up to our 50 cc gas. No issues so far. I checked and a couple of the planes have almost 100 hours flight time on them .The solar servos are proving to be a good value as well.

Same here, no issues what-so-ever. I'm using them on 50cc and larger planes.

There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for all your responses i am 99% sure i will use them in a 26cc model i am now building. I just opened one up #1501 mgservo I have but have not used yet the gear train has no lube on the gears what type grease would you use to lube the gears ? Also the top cover pocket for the output shaft bearing has a very thin wall maybe it should be packed with grease to cut down on wear to the top cover.Attatched are two pictures? of servo cover and gear train.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz79519.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	1827613   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca82482.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	1827614  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: overbuild Thanks for all your responses i am 99% sure i will use them in a 26cc model i am now building.
    I just opened one up #1501 mgservo I have but have not used yet the gear train has no lube on the gears what type grease would you use to lube the gears ?
    Also the top cover pocket for the output shaft bearing has a very thin wall maybe it should be packed with grease to cut down on wear to the top cover.
    Attatched are two pictures? of servo cover and gear train.
    Caution, most greases liquify on warming as within operating servos and melt into "the works" killing the servo.
    recommend use:
    1. Hitec Universal Servo Grease (Silicon base) lubricant, sold by Hitec RCD as part number # 58450
    2. Silicone dielectric grease. Silicon dielectric grease does not dry over time, temperature and does not attack plastics. A small dab is sufficient. Available at most Auto Electrical stores or local dive shops where it is sold as "O" ring lubricant. (The small pot lasts a very long time)
    3. Never use lithium based grease as it will thicken up and, with the added load of the thickening grease, cause the servo to prematurely burn out.
    . Servo - DIY Repair - Lubrication (servo grease)
    . Servo - FAQ : Metal Gear Servos - DIY Repair & Extend MG Servo Gear Life
    (see attached photo of damaged servo upper cases "top cover pocket")
    . Servo - Installation - Correct Mounting & Tips for longer life.

Much more information available below
    "Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
    Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
    R/C hobby consultant for various companies