Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Futaba 4PL vs Spektrum DX3S

I am looking for a new radio which is better Futaba 4PL or Spektrum DX3S? I have a Spektrum DX2 but the new Futaba feels good (have not felt the DX3S) and has longer range than spectrum(so I have heard). I do race tour cars and a buggy. Also, I will use the radio for nitro and electric. I heard Futaba is better quality but cost more. Any imput would help.

Shane

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Futaba 4PL vs Spektrum DX3S

What features are you looking for? Have you looked at the DX4S?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...system-SPM4000

Andy
    Andy Kunz - AMA 46063
    Spektrum Development Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Features looking for: 10 or more model memory, 3 or more channels, ABS, Long battery life, Reliability, Range, Feel of the radio, Trim, Trim Rate, Reverse, Dual Rate, End Point Adjustment (EPA) Left/Right, Exponential, Sub Trim, and Speed Turn/Return. I want to stay under $250. I want this to be the last radio I buy!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: asp

Features looking for: 10 or more model memory, 3 or more channels, ABS, Long battery life, Reliability, Range, Feel of the radio, Trim, Trim Rate, Reverse, Dual Rate, End Point Adjustment (EPA) Left/Right, Exponential, Sub Trim, and Speed Turn/Return. I want to stay under $250. I want this to be the last radio I buy!
    DX4S has 30 model memory, 4 channels, ABS, Long Battery Life (with several different chemistries supports), Reliability, Range, great feel (3 different grips come with it), Trim, Trim Step Size, Reverse, EPA (we call it Travel), Expo, Sub Trim, and servo speed adjustments. MAP is only $279.99 so I'm sure if you do your shopping you'll find it a little closer to your target (but it won't be advertised - you'll have to put it in your cart or ask the retailer to hit your target). Looks like you found your new radio!

Here's the manual: http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPM4...al_English.pdf

BTW, it also features our intuitive programming system, so you'll be right at home there too.

Andy
    Andy Kunz - AMA 46063
    Spektrum Development Team