RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 4PL vs Spektrum DX3S

Old 12-20-2012, 01:38 PM
asp

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba 4PL vs Spektrum DX3S

I am looking for a new radio which is better Futaba 4PL or Spektrum DX3S? I have a Spektrum DX2 but the new Futaba feels good (have not felt the DX3S) and has longer range than spectrum(so I have heard). I do race tour cars and a buggy. Also, I will use the radio for nitro and electric. I heard Futaba is better quality but cost more. Any imput would help.

Shane
Old 12-21-2012, 07:12 AM
AndyKunz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba 4PL vs Spektrum DX3S

What features are you looking for? Have you looked at the DX4S?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...system-SPM4000

Andy
Old 12-21-2012, 10:00 AM
asp

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Features looking for: 10 or more model memory, 3 or more channels, ABS, Long battery life, Reliability, Range, Feel of the radio, Trim, Trim Rate, Reverse, Dual Rate, End Point Adjustment (EPA) Left/Right, Exponential, Sub Trim, and Speed Turn/Return. I want to stay under $250. I want this to be the last radio I buy!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:14 PM
AndyKunz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: asp

Features looking for: 10 or more model memory, 3 or more channels, ABS, Long battery life, Reliability, Range, Feel of the radio, Trim, Trim Rate, Reverse, Dual Rate, End Point Adjustment (EPA) Left/Right, Exponential, Sub Trim, and Speed Turn/Return. I want to stay under $250. I want this to be the last radio I buy!
DX4S has 30 model memory, 4 channels, ABS, Long Battery Life (with several different chemistries supports), Reliability, Range, great feel (3 different grips come with it), Trim, Trim Step Size, Reverse, EPA (we call it Travel), Expo, Sub Trim, and servo speed adjustments. MAP is only $279.99 so I'm sure if you do your shopping you'll find it a little closer to your target (but it won't be advertised - you'll have to put it in your cart or ask the retailer to hit your target). Looks like you found your new radio!

Here's the manual: http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPM4...al_English.pdf

BTW, it also features our intuitive programming system, so you'll be right at home there too.

Andy

Search this Thread