Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba low band or hi band ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 09:50 AM
Flyin Woodbutcher
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba low band or hi band ?

Opps I forgot which rec. was the high and which was the low. I have two rec.s with the xtals out and can't remember which was which. I can't see any thing on the rec. to tell which is which. Does anyone know how to tell the diff? Thanks Kent
Old 09-13-2003, 04:38 PM
KG4MIN
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Futaba low band or hi band ?

You will never tell by looking at them unless the channel sticker is still there. If the tuning to hi or low really affects the range as everyone suggests, subject the receivers to a range test. I'm not talking about a collapsed antenna and 100 ft. But a walk down the road until the attached servo stops responding. Turn your transmitter on, attach your wife or kid to the stick controlling the channel you have plugged in a servo ( you will also need to plug in a battery and one of the xtals) Have your assistant move the stick continously and you take a walk. Somewhere down the road the servo will stop moving. Now plug in the other xtal. The servo will once again start working or not. If it starts working and you can continue on down the road with it working you now have the correct xtal installed. If you have to retrace your steps to get it to work again the first xtal was correct. Now when one does this he may be surprised what little difference there is since the receivers we use have no tuned RF section.

KG4MIN
Old 09-13-2003, 05:10 PM
Flyin Woodbutcher
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Futaba low band or hi band ?

Thanks KG4MIN , sounds like you don't believe it makes much difference either. I have wondered why it could make much difference. I guess I"ll set a range test with an old 40 size plane, just for fun.

I don't have the sticker on the rec. because I switch the xtas around depending on which plane me or dad want to fly. But now I want to use a low band transmitter on one of the planes. O Well off to prepare a test plane. Thanks Kent