Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New Radio Technology ????? HELP!

most hobbyshops are the same price as the internet places one thin u can see it and get it at your local shop without waiting

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Andy, if its true you enjoy McRib sammiches I may have to rethink some esteem I have held you in.......
    Andy - Helicopter Forum Moderator
    AMA 77227 Leader Member- Contest Director
    www.JaxRC.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AndyKunz

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

McDonalds markets the mess out of their food products and most of their food still taste like paper, so I don't buy from them. Maybe I am the exception to the rule and maybe their marketing determines how well their products do. Again their marketing means nothing to me.

I learned a long time ago the falsehoods of marketing ploys and the fasle logic advertisers use to bait folks. All the marketing in the world will not make a McDonalds burger taste any better. What will make it taste better is better meat which for the sake of profit they aren't going down that road.
    I go to McDonalds because I love the taste of their burgers (much better than Culvers, Steak and Shake, Wendy's, Burger King), their fries (only thing better is Culvers), their breakfasts (best around!), their McRibs. The only issue is that I don't like their seasoning mix, so I order my burgers ''no salt'' (it also means they have to cook it, so I get fresher food...)

It wouldn't bother me if they had any other name. I don't go their for the play place or in hopes of seeing a fiberglass Ronald. I go for the food!

Andy
    That is the cool thing about it, if you love it and it works for you that is the ticket. Just like radios, use what you like best. I am fortunate that no fast food place can cook grub like my wife so I eat good food and I would admit I am very spoiled. Not even a McWhatever can touch her cooking - PA dutch cooking is tough to beat [8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ZAGNUT

ORIGINAL: Red B.

Here in Europe, THE radio to have at the moment is the JETI DC-16 and the soon to come JETI DS-16.
    All over Europe JETI has a dead-solid reputation for reliability and the transmitters are top quality with CNC-milled casings, Hall effect sensors instead of potentiometers for the sticks etcetera. They are obviously built to last.
    yes, it's very nice to see a manufacturer putting in a major effort to make real high quality hardware. with the other brands the top end models just replace the painted plastic face panel with cast magnesium....everything else stays the same old plastic garbage. IMO the jetis are the only high end radios on the market that actually justify their price.
    "Well folks, talk about sticks...... I've lost €2.6k worth of model today thanks to JETI.
    During a maneuvre the stick just detached and I watched the model plunge out of control......

That's it! I'm going back to Futaba, this has never happened to me in over 12 years in the RC hobby, not with ANY transmitter I have ever used, until now - JETI...

I can't believe how thin the wall of the stick tube is, add the thread to weaken the 0.5 mm thin tube and there it is. Very poor design!

It is sickening, having to pay €1.2k for a prototype which shoudn't have been released without issues like this first sorted out! Rip off!

What good is an extra heavy solid magnesium body, when the sticks are made of paper thin aluminium tube?

This is very disappointng, after all the other problems with this radio, I just can't trust it with my models anymore."

Jack

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post23733631

Gypsy Rose Lee - "You got to have a gimick".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

She had a pair of gimmicks
    Libby is still watching you

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dennis, great advice as usual. In Commercial and airline training the controls check as verbalized so if you say something that does not make sense it will jog your thinking that you are not doing the right thing. It's just too easy to get interupted and either forget where you were on the checklist or just go through the motions without really sayng and doing what is correct. Friend of mine was 1st officer, (co pilot) on a B-720B taking off from San Francisco one ninght and they did not complete the checklist...long story short, half way down the runway the captain started screaming help me pull the wheel back and my friend looked down and realised the trim for elevator was in full forward. He said that by the time they passed the departure end of the runway and he was able to spin the electric trim to about neutral they almost took out approach lights on the other end of the runway. I agree on the R/C Tmtr checks, I am trying do do it more often. wallace.tharp
    ORIGINAL: Propworn

Full size pilots sitting in the seat operate the controls and can relate to the movement of the surfaces. Also you don’t get reversed controls once a full size has been in service.

Newby’s especially may easily mistake ailerons or rudder moving in the proper direction depending where they stand in relation to the model. I try and get them to make a habit of flying the transmitter. To do this you always stand behind the model. First if you can see the throttle make sure it’s moving in the right direction. Flaps/airbrakes are also easily checked. Now we fly the transmitter. As you deflect each stick move the transmitter like you would expect the model to react. For instance if you were to deflect the ailerons to the right lean the transmitter to the right and while doing this look down at the ailerons and are they deflected in such a manner that the model would roll in the same direction as the transmitter? Try the opposite direction. Now the elevator, pull the stick back tilt the transmitter up while looking at the elevator deflection. Would it cause the model to rotate upwards? Now down. With the rudder you swing the transmitter in the direction of stick deflection noting both the steering and rudder control surface. I know this is very elementary but it’s easily taught to beginners and if they practice it every time there will be no reversed control surfaces. I test fly quite a few planes and each and every one of them I check this way. Often times the owner and a buddy are talking away and it’s easy to become distracted for even the most experienced pilot. Physically moving the stick and transmitter while observing the deflection causes one to concentrate. I have done this for so long its second nature and many of those who I have had the pleasure of teaching to fly do this as well. Some are instructors and are passing it on to the next group.

Like the full size finding a routine that leaves nothing to chance is a mater of survival. Find a system that works for you and make it something you do each and every time and you will find your brain farts will be far and few between. Along this line has anyone else noticed that with the 2.4 systems there seem to be fewer and fewer actually doing range checks? I have.

Dennis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AA5BY

Here in Europe, THE radio to have at the moment is the JETI DC-16 and the soon to come JETI DS-16.
    All over Europe JETI has a dead-solid reputation for reliability and the transmitters are top quality with CNC-milled casings, Hall effect sensors instead of potentiometers for the sticks etcetera. They are obviously built to last.
    yes, it's very nice to see a manufacturer putting in a major effort to make real high quality hardware. with the other brands the top end models just replace the painted plastic face panel with cast magnesium....everything else stays the same old plastic garbage. IMO the jetis are the only high end radios on the market that actually justify their price.
    ''Well folks, talk about sticks...... I've lost €2.6k worth of model today thanks to JETI.
    During a maneuvre the stick just detached and I watched the model plunge out of control......

That's it! I'm going back to Futaba, this has never happened to me in over 12 years in the RC hobby, not with ANY transmitter I have ever used, until now - JETI...

I can't believe how thin the wall of the stick tube is, add the thread to weaken the 0.5 mm thin tube and there it is. Very poor design!

It is sickening, having to pay €1.2k for a prototype which shoudn't have been released without issues like this first sorted out! Rip off!

What good is an extra heavy solid magnesium body, when the sticks are made of paper thin aluminium tube?

This is very disappointng, after all the other problems with this radio, I just can't trust it with my models anymore.''

Jack

yep, teething problems with innovative products, nothing new. how many planes were lost to spectrum and futaba when they started doing 2.4GHz?
    \"I\'ll take the money- and you can have the rope\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

McDonalds around here has problems with the taste and appearance of it's burgers. I don't think anyone but the franchise owners have gone to "Hamburger U"
    Things have gone drastically downhill since we lived in Illinois (1970s) Originally, when the franchise started really spreading out across the US, the burgers were much better.
    Steak & Shake isn't much better, with soggy bottom buns caused by excessive grease on the fried patty as it comes off the grill.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AA5BY

''Well folks, talk about sticks...... I've lost €2.6k worth of model today thanks to JETI.

This is very disappointng, after all the other problems with this radio, I just can't trust it with my models anymore.''

Jack

yep, teething problems with innovative products, nothing new. how many planes were lost to spectrum and futaba when they started doing 2.4GHz?
    Depends on HOW they were lost
    Most problems were due to the user not knowing how to use the new systems
    likely a 95% ratio.
    BUT there were a few mfgr screw ups too. These were quickly addressed by both Spektrum and Futaba.
    Some users would have you believe that someunknown component caused all heir problems
    Unknown is correct -but it was typically unknown to the user -not some mystery issue.
    Libby is still watching you

You have to pay at least $12 for a real burger and then tip the waitress. I stopped eating fast food burgers when they had neither beef taste nor texture. I don't eat red slime. I don't eat minced fish portions either. I don't eat chicken nuggets.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Propworn

Sorry rmh the post was not directed at you very sorry for that I did not see in reply to rmh in the bottom corner. I have no idea how that happens I just meant to make a post in general. If anyone knows how I can edit it let me know and I will correct it.
    Do not use the quick reply box. Click the 'reply' icon at the top of the post you want to reply to.,
    - Carrell

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Interesting discussion re the old vs new.

I "flew" a Futaba 9Z from 2002 until mid-2011, when I put the hobby down for a while. When I decided to get involved again a few months ago, my bride was paying attention and bought me a new 2.4 12Z for Xmas (of course, the 12Z has been discontinued, but that's another story). Really nice radio, any way you look at it.

But I actually "flew" it for the first time, yesterday and today. Its a technological marvel; as a transmitter to hold and "fly", it sucks. I almost dropped it twice yesterday (thank goodness for neck straps) due to the slickness and slope of the case, and I really have to pay attention to my hand placement (I fly thumbs & index fingers) so as not to inadvertantly activate the switches on the front face above the sticks. Plus, the strap attachment is above the CG of the box, a'la JR. Which means if you let go of it, it drops... pivots downward on the strap connector.

I imagine I could become accustomed to all of this... but that 9Z "balances" on the neck strap, I don't worry about bumping the wrong switch, and I welcome the built-in tach.

Bottom line, I'm going to get a 2.4 module for the 9Z and go back to it. A shame, really, because the 12Z does have some super nice features. But it just doesn't feel right.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Another take is the JR XG series... they look like Optimus Prime transformers but obviously a lot of thought was given to the ergonomics. For those of us who don't use neck straps, the grip is the best I've experienced. The sticks are angled outward so the thumbs don't have to over reach inward. The slide switches are side mounted, which is a natural. The bright led conveys a variety of instant information. Using LiFe batteries it is light. The feel is good if one can get past the looks.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567