RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Soft Switch replacement on powersafe receiver AR12100

Old 01-20-2013, 08:11 AM
lcarron

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Soft Switch replacement on powersafe receiver AR12100

Hello,

What brand can replace the soft switch of the powersafe receiver? Is there any resistor inside the switch to detect it falling?
Can a Miracle switch be used instead by only using two leads?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35587.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1842528   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88521.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1842529  
Old 01-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Aerocal

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Soft Switch replacement on powersafe receiver AR12100

There is no resistor.You could use almost any switch actually.The difference is that it switches the outside 2 leads as they are oriented in the connector.It will work in the opposite direction of it being used as a normal switch as well.Closing the switch circuit tells the internal circuit in the Rx to shut off.An open circuit in the switch and the Rx will stay on.You can in a pinch also use a simple servo extension and insert a bind plug to force the Rx to shut off.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Zeeb

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Umm....

Yes you can use a bind plug with a short servo extension if need be or you want to do so, in fact that's exactly what the Beta testers used on the PowerSafe rx's when they first came out.

The switch deal is a bit different; as noted, it simply jumpers the two outside leads of the on/off switch port. Most switches connect what would be the center pin or positive and one outside pin or what would be negative. The other outside pin for the signal lead is not normally affected by a regular switch so while you could take one of those apart and maybe switch leads around, it's much easier to just order the switch you need from Horizon....
Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 AM
GR7Racer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A bind plug inserted into a standard switch will substitute as a replacement soft-switch. Plug one end of the switch into the RX's switch port, and insert the bind plug into the other lead that comes out of the switch which is usually plugged into a battery. The switch will turn the RX on and off, but will work in the opposite direction.

KMac

Search this Thread