Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Soft Switch replacement on powersafe receiver AR12100

Hello,

What brand can replace the soft switch of the powersafe receiver? Is there any resistor inside the switch to detect it falling?
    Can a Miracle switch be used instead by only using two leads?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn35587.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	1842528   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec88521.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	1842529  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Soft Switch replacement on powersafe receiver AR12100

There is no resistor.You could use almost any switch actually.The difference is that it switches the outside 2 leads as they are oriented in the connector.It will work in the opposite direction of it being used as a normal switch as well.Closing the switch circuit tells the internal circuit in the Rx to shut off.An open circuit in the switch and the Rx will stay on.You can in a pinch also use a simple servo extension and insert a bind plug to force the Rx to shut off.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Umm....

Yes you can use a bind plug with a short servo extension if need be or you want to do so, in fact that's exactly what the Beta testers used on the PowerSafe rx's when they first came out.

The switch deal is a bit different; as noted, it simply jumpers the two outside leads of the on/off switch port. Most switches connect what would be the center pin or positive and one outside pin or what would be negative. The other outside pin for the signal lead is not normally affected by a regular switch so while you could take one of those apart and maybe switch leads around, it's much easier to just order the switch you need from Horizon....
    Zeeb

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A bind plug inserted into a standard switch will substitute as a replacement soft-switch. Plug one end of the switch into the RX's switch port, and insert the bind plug into the other lead that comes out of the switch which is usually plugged into a battery. The switch will turn the RX on and off, but will work in the opposite direction.

KMac