Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Little antenna help

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 06:05 AM
jleblanc
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little antenna help

Hey there, I just got a dx3s and I'm trying to put the included sr300 in my rc10t3...And the antenna comes out of the reciever right in the middle of the top and is only like 3" long...what's the best way to setup one of these antennas? any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
JOE
Old 02-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Little antenna help

I put a piece of fuel tubbing on the antennas of my Aircraft, airplanes and Helicopters. That keeps them flexible enough for the occasional bump, but stiff enough that vibrations are not going to mess with them too much.

I guess that you are not getting too many responses because not many people understand your question. Is there something specific you want to do? If the antenna touches the body of the car, you can make a small hole in the body and let the antenna poke thru. Or you can push the antenna to the side and leave it completely enclosed within the car body. Make sure to perform a range check before going racing.

Rafael
Old 02-15-2013, 02:45 PM
jleblanc
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Little antenna help

Thanks for the answer... You pretty much answered it perfect. I guess I was just wondering how people set there's up... Seeing as it's 2.4 I was kinda figuring I could just let it lay where it is cause if I try to snake it to the side then up, By the time it hits the side of the reciever it's only an 1" long and def not gonna benefit any.  
    I'm gonna do how you explain and range test, pretty sure even strait up it won't peek outta the body..

thanks
            Joe