Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Receiver AUX pins

Old 02-17-2013, 05:24 PM
hashmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver AUX pins

So Irecently bought my first hobby grade rc. Ibought a XTM X-Cellerator, it came with the Airtronics 92524 receiver, and a MX-Sport radio. So the first mod i would like to make is to add some headlights. Did a little searching found kits for around 30, but why would Ipay 30 dollars for a coulple leds, resistors, and some wires when Ihave literally pounds of them at my house. Now Istart plugging in to my aux port and testing the pins on my leds, power with the power points, but the 3rd pin which i thought was just a high/low pin for the third channel seems to just be a lower voltage +. I tried switching the transmitters channel 3 switch no change. So is there something im missing to make the 3rd channel control lights or am Ijust stuck with "on" lights? And on a side note does anyone know the actualvoltage and current from the receiver?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:43 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Receiver AUX pins

ORIGINAL: hashmaster So Irecently bought my first hobby grade rc.
Ibought a XTM X-Cellerator, it came with the Airtronics 92524 receiver, and a MX-Sport radio.
So the first mod i would like to make is to add some headlights.
Did a little searching found kits for around 30, but why would Ipay 30 dollars for a coulple leds, resistors, and some wires when Ihave literally pounds of them at my house.
Now Istart plugging in to my aux port and testing the pins on my leds, power with the power points, but the 3rd pin which i thought was just a high/low pin for the third channel seems to just be a lower voltage +.
I tried switching the transmitters channel 3 switch no change.
So is there something im missing to make the 3rd channel control lights or am Ijust stuck with "on" lights?
And on a side note does anyone know the actualvoltage and current from the receiver?
1. Did you buy a Nitro or EPversion?
. If GP then the voltage out of the reveiver is the same as the battery pack being used to
power the receiver and both servo.
. If an EP, then the electronic speed controller will have a built in Battery Eliminator Circuit (BEC)
which reduces output power to the receiver and servos to 5v. (most servo opeate 4.8<6.0v)
2. There are many aftermarket accessory kits for lights which have an inbuilt electronic on/off switch which
plugs into a spare channel - these require the trim to be reduced or EPA extended top & bottom so the
E/switch sees a wide pulse range, same as an ESCsetup detailed under:
. EPA, ATV, Dual & Triple Rates, Expo Differences & Caution includes ESC / BEC Set Up.

Much more information available under sub sections
"ESC & BEC - Setup to prevent majority of all RF Problems, Brownouts & Crashes"
and
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 AM
hashmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Receiver AUX pins

thanks for the reply Alan. I have an electric, and I thought it was 5v coming ouf the receiver. Ive looked at a few of the light kits that hook up in line with the firsf two channels and some with a switch that just plugs into the aux's power pins. My 3rd channel dosent have an epa, exp, or trim settings on the tx, its just an on off switch. Ill have to look thru the links you gave me later.