Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

I fear I may have purchased a fake spektrum system

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

I fear I may have purchased a fake spektrum system

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 02:33 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I fear I may have purchased a fake spektrum system

The very high prices for some stuff is their way of keeping a listing alive until they get more stock in, as explained to me by a chinese ebay seller.  Could be they also wish some ignorant rich person hits buy it now!  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:04 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The thing I find interesting is the ad also includes the phrase, "hand-made items."
I'm asking myself, "What hand-made items? It's supposed to be new!"

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items).
Old 02-23-2013, 06:45 AM
jefflangton
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy futaba and you wont have to worry
Old 02-23-2013, 06:54 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jefflangton

Foolish, worthless Troll. You help no one.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Aerocal

Rich
I dont often see you very far off base but this time I have to disagree.
Im pretty sure he has inflated his misplaced sense of reality.
Some help others and some just help themselves.
Id say this is a case of the latter.
Scott
Old 02-23-2013, 10:03 AM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

you get what you pay for. why risk your hard earned money flying with cheap lousy chinese clones, especially the most important piece of equipment.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:57 AM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: stoneenforcer

you get what you pay for. why risk your hard earned money flying with cheap lousy chinese clones, especially the most important piece of equipment.
I am not a proponent of buying cheap off brand copies, but there are those who may not be able to afford the major brands and are willing to take the risks associated with buying these cheaper products. If these products are so inferior that they are a risk not only to the buyer, but to others, then I would be extremely concerned about their sale and use. I think Fake Copies that are advertised as the real thing are not legal.

I am sure you are aware that many General Motors automobiles are manufactured in China, for example. The same is true for major brand RC radios. Not everything is junk if made in China.

The purpose of this thread was a request from the OP to determine whether the product he purchased was a fake and what to do next. That is where the focus should be. We are here to help others solve problems and ask for help, not just throw out childish remarks.

I feel much more comfortable purchasing brand name products instead of off brand compatibles.

I flew Futaba 72Mhx radios for many years with a mix of Futaba PCM Rx's and Hitec PPM Rx's. I have been using JR/Spektrum since 2007, but never used any Orange Rx's or other off brand compatibles.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:58 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

The thing I find interesting is the ad also includes the phrase, ''hand-made items.''
I'm asking myself, ''What hand-made items? It's supposed to be new!''

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items).
That's just ebay's definition of a item in new condition. It's meant to cover pretty much any item that might be sold on there, from hand-made arts and crafts to fake spektrum radios.

ORIGINAL: stoneenforcer

+1
Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 PM
xxxleafybugxxx

Wow. Well this thread has been quite active.
Anyways, just to update people with my progress. I did just send a message to the seller, and I asked "is this spektrum equipment genuine"? He said "no it isn't, do you still need it"? He admitted to selling fakes. Ha anyways, this is all good for me for several reason.
I'm assuming he will refund me, possibly even letting me keep the fake.
Secondly, if he doesn't refund me, Ebay proteciton covers me here, especially since he told me straight up it was fake.
So, I went ahead and looked elsewhere on ebay and purchased this item today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230930450833...84.m1439.l2649

I'm pretty confident in ebay, and nomatter what would do all the necessary checks to make sure my equipment was what it claimed to be.
But this seems legit, and the seller assured me this was genuine stating that he bought from his lhs.
Anyways, this is my progress so far. Can't wait to get it in my rxr super sportster and eventually my electrifly f20!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:08 PM
FreakyDude

yeah like futaba isn't cloned lol everything has a clone but I would wait to get the radio before you worry or cancel the order and ask for a refund

ORIGINAL: jefflangton

Old 02-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Maximilionalpha

Well, generally any Spektrum branded equipment coming from across seas, is generally sold by KoKo Technologies, who are notorious for Spektrum knockoffs and HH warns people buying Spektrum equipment to be wary of such knockoffs coming from overseas, because they're usually manufactured by KoKo Technologies.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:02 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

xxx,"long range jets" with below bottom of the line RC? Which field did you say you are going to fly at? Dan.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:11 PM
xxxleafybugxxx

Allow to me clarify.  By long range jet, I meant a jet which will be longer range than what I'm flying right now.  Since I've only flown heli's so far, any jet to me is long range.  What I first plan on getting (in jet form) is a f20 tigershark, which is a foam edf.  (well I have a micro sabre edf being shipped now, but thats a different story)  I don't mean any scale plane, just a edf jet, and to me, all of them are long range compared to heli's.  So yeah, that is what I meant by long range jet.
Thanks.
I'll let you guys know how this system is once it arrives!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:33 PM
rpenfuyf

You could try calling Horizon or maybe Andy Kuntz will see this thread and offer some info. 
Old 02-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Yucholian
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber
......but there are those who may not be able to afford the major brands and are willing to take the risks associated with buying these cheaper products.
How does this apply here?
If the OP was willing to take the risks, why did he complain he may be getting a fake?
He clearly wasn't willing to take the risks buying a fake.
Lesson here is that you have to really understand what you want and don't want, and do your homework as to who you're buying from.
It doesn't take a brain surgeon to tell you that if you are buying for a lower price direct from China, your LIKELIHOOD of getting a fake is high.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:42 PM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: Yucholian

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber
......but there are those who may not be able to afford the major brands and are willing to take the risks associated with buying these cheaper products.
How does this apply here?
If the OP was willing to take the risks, why did he complain he may be getting a fake?
He clearly wasn't willing to take the risks buying a fake.
Lesson here is that you have to really understand what you want and don't want, and do your homework as to who you're buying from.
It doesn't take a brain surgeon to tell you that if you are buying for a lower price direct from China, your LIKELIHOOD of getting a fake is high.
I am not encouraging anyone to purchase Fake copies of major brand products. I said as much in my previous statements. In the clip you took out of context, I am referring to compatibles, such as the Orange line of receivers, for example. There are many who will give these products a try knowing that they are not manufactured by Spektrum or Futaba and as such, not covered by any of their warranties, yet they are willing to purchase them because they can't afford the Spektrum or Futaba brand product.

If a product is marketed as a compatible, it is quite a bit different than if the product is marketed as a genuine item, when in fact, it is a fake. Manufacturers of Fakes should be prosecuted.

My remarks were in response to the statements regarding Cheap Chinese Crap. Not everything from China is Crap. I prefer to buy Brand Name products with a warranty, service, and technical support I can count on. Some have found the cheap compatibles worth the risk.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:55 AM
ddaveb

Why would you buy a second hand radio for nearly $150 what is the price for a new one from your lhs here in the UK a new dx6i is about £90 which is around $140???
Old 02-28-2013, 06:20 AM
grizzly59

He got several receivers and some servos with it.