Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Having trouble locating a new controller for old rc

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Having trouble locating a new controller for old rc

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Darc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having trouble locating a new controller for old rc

Hi everyone,

I have an old shinsei peterbilt rc truck that my dad bought for me years ago. It has sat idle for the past 10 years as the controller was lost during a house move.

I would love to get it going again but I am having trouble finding the correct controller to buy for it.

As far as I can tell I have located the receiver on the trucks circuit board and it is stamped with 26.54 KDTS. I have assumed that means 26.54mhz? If I am correct I can't seem to find a controller that does that frequency?

So I guess my questions are... Am I correct that the frequency is 26.54mhz? If so can I buy a controller that works in this frequency or do I have to modify the truck to work at a different frequency? If 26.54mhz isn't the frequency how can I find out what the correct frequency is?

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:54 PM
IGORsoars

Default RE: Having trouble locating a new controller for old rc

Thats not a good USA freq. Ours only went down to 26.995 Mhz also known as the Brown Channel. Sorry I can't help from this end. Larry
Old 02-22-2013, 04:58 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Perhaps does it have a crystal that can be removed and then use a more popular TX freq? Maybe it is legal, I think it is ok to change RX crystal.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Darc

It's an old printed circuit board type arrangement and the old crystal appears to be soldered on to the actual board... I would have a go at changing the crystal but am wondering if that's something I can just do? Is thre anything I need to be wary of when changing the crystal in relation to frequencies that will work with the old circuit board?
Old 02-22-2013, 05:10 PM
IGORsoars

Right after I sent my reply I just saw something that may help you. I think that the lable on you rec unit is the crystal frequency of the receiver. If you subtrack that freq ( 26.540 ) from the 26.995 you get 455khz. That is exactly what you need for the IF circuit to bring the signal into the decoder and make thing work. I hope this helps you in locating a old transmitter. They were normally AM units and were in the CB band here in the USA. Larry
Old 02-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Darc

So if I was to buy a controller that works on 26.995 this theoretically should work?

Sorry for all the questions I don't have a lot of experience with rc stuff..... But thanks for all the help so far!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Darc

Do you think this would be worth a go?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160497345...#ht_1685wt_826
Old 02-24-2013, 06:29 PM
rpenfuyf

Maybe it is legal, I think it is ok to change RX crystal.