Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Electric newbie needs help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric newbie needs help.

I just finished installing my 1st electric system using a Spektrum radio, DX-7 / AR-7000, and everything works fine, except when I turn off the Tx, the motor goes to high. I should think that I would want it to stop. How do I make it do this ? Thank you.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:00 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Electric newbie needs help.

ORIGINAL: Ed

I just finished installing my 1st electric system using a Spektrum radio, DX-7 / AR-7000, and everything works fine, except when I turn off the Tx, the motor goes to high. I should think that I would want it to stop. How do I make it do this ? Thank you.
It is most likely that you went through the Bind process without setting the Throttle to Idle, first. Binding sets the Failsafe Conditions. When you turn off the Tax before the Rx, the Rx goes into Failsafe. Be sure the Throttle channel is moving in the proper direction, put the Throttle at Idle, and Bind again.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:40 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 above!  This is called your "fail-safe setting" and it is in the manual if you want to review it. It's purpose is to set the controls of the plane so that in case of a transmitter to receiver breakdown the plane won't go speeding off into the sunset at full throttle.

Here is the manual for the AR7000 and you can read and follow the procedure for the bind-failsafe and Smart Failsafe .

Old 02-25-2013, 02:20 PM
JIMF14D

Where do you have the failsafe set for each channel. They should be set with the TX on and the throttle all the way down.

Also as a general saftey rule on the ground you should never turn of the Tx while the motor battery is still connected.

Have fun.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Checklst

Yes like some have said it better if you not only set your fail safe to Idle during the bind, it is ALSO best to practices good safe procedures alike always turn off the plane first. Then I always use a plane hold down and actually test my fail safe at the start of the flying day. Never had a run away plane this way.

Good safety procedures are not that hard to develop, and you will be rewarded with years of trouble free flying and the lack of stitches in your body will be an added bonus as well.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ed I just finished installing my 1st electric system using a Spektrum radio, DX-7 / AR-7000, and everything works fine,
except when I turn off the Tx, the motor goes to high. I should think that I would want it to stop. How do I make it do this ? Thank you.
1. As above, adjust failsafe setting.

2. Above all else remember the Golden Rule irrespective whether GP or EP models:

. Transmitter On First - Off Last

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 02-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Ed

OK ............ Thanks to you good guys above, got it done !

Moderator; shut it down.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:42 PM
yatssdaa
Banned

Binding sets the Failsafe Conditions.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:00 PM
pwujszuf
Banned

It is most likely that you went through the Bind process without setting the Throttle to Idle