Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9CAP battery

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 06:22 AM
wyflyer
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9CAP battery

I am not satisfied with the duration of the 700 MAH battery that came in my 9C. What are the best options for upgrade to higher capicity? I don't care if it is nicd or nimh. What are you using?
Old 09-17-2003, 11:47 AM
Kraut
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 9CAP battery

I made my own battery pack for my 9C using shrink wrap and battery tabs from radicalrc, and some 1850 mah nimh batteries I bought from Walmart for $9.48 a pack (4 in a pack - and you need two packs). I used the old connector from my 9C battery, and soldered all the batteries together so that they looked just like the old pack. The new pack works great - and it has much better duration! When I was done with that - I took the original nicad batteries from my 9C and made up two 700 mah nicad flight packs!!! I spent about $23.00 making my own - plus I ended up with two more flight pack batteries!
Old 09-17-2003, 02:57 PM
wyflyer
My Feedback: (7)

That's a good idea. I might have to try that.
Thanks
Old 09-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

I pretty much did the same thing too. 1800mAh lasts just about all day long. Remember though, the standard wall charger that came with the 9C will take longer to charge the 1850mAh. I charge mine with a Triton charger, as NiMH cell don't take kindly to prolonged overcharging.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:26 PM
Fixed Wing

I did the same thing also except rather than soldering the batteries together I used a battery tray that's made by Futaba which fits perfectly in the back of the 9C. I bought the tray from my LHS for about $4.00 and purchased the batteries from a Sears hardware store. I charge/cycle the pack using a Triton charger and actually get about 1850 mHa out of the pack.