Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

I got my TX! Here are pics, video and let me know what you think

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

I got my TX! Here are pics, video and let me know what you think

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 03:29 PM
xxxleafybugxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got my TX! Here are pics, video and let me know what you think

Got my dx6i in the mail today. Let me specify. This is NOT the tx I ordered from a chinese vendor. This is one that I bought used on ebay. The seller claims it to be genuine. Let me know what you think. Also, please watch the video and help me out with this issue.
Thanks

Here is a link to the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS0An...ature=youtu.be

Also, the file was too large to upload all pics at once, I'll upload more in comments.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90915.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1857016   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84691.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	1857017   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14805.jpg
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	1857018  
Old 02-27-2013, 03:33 PM
xxxleafybugxxx

Default RE: I got my TX! Here are pics, video and let me know what you think

More pictures

Name:	Mk24902.jpg
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1857028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67837.jpg
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1857029  
Old 02-27-2013, 03:34 PM
xxxleafybugxxx

Two more.

Name:	Ec87207.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1857041   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22788.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1857042  
Old 02-27-2013, 03:40 PM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
I don't think you have a hardware problem, I think you have a setup problem, remember, you said it was used, so I would go to a blank model memory, & start your setup again.
Or reset that model memory, to remove any previous settings.
Read the instructions,

Cheers
Old 02-27-2013, 04:04 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That model you selected in the radio has an "Elevon Mix" programmed . Probably a flying wing of some type was on it from the previous owner. The best thing to do as mentioned is reset all of the models to default and start fresh.
Select the model you want then
TO PERFORM A RESET
Press the ROLLER and hold while turning on the transmitter to enter the SETUP LIST. When SETUP LIST appears on screen release the roller.
Alternatively the setup list can be accessed from the main screen by pressing the roller to access the ADJUST LIST then scrolling through the ADJUST LIST by rolling the roller to highlight SETUP LIST then press the roller.
SETUP LIST SCREEN
Rotate the roller to highlight COPY/RESET then press the roller to access the COPY/RESET function.
TO ACCESS THE RESET FUNCTION
Rotate the roller to highlight RESET then press the roller to enter the RESET function.
RESET SCREEN Rotate the roller to YES, next to SURE, and then press the roller to reset the model to factory default settings.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:40 PM
xxxleafybugxxx

Thank you walenda.
Can anyone speak to this being genuine by any of the pics I've showed?
I think its real, but I want to be 100% sure after my chinese vendor ordeal.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:41 PM
xxxleafybugxxx

Also, I have a series of questions about this type of system.
What kind of range should I have? Does line of sight range mean there can't be anything in the way? I was trying to do some range testing, but can only get a perfect clear line of sight where my house it for about three to four tenths of a mile. Any further there are houses in the way slightly. I got great response as far as I could clearly see the plane, but when a house got a bit in the line of sight (at about 4/10 mile, it started to not respond) I just don't know what to expect for a "full range system" and I'm hoping that this doesn't mean its a fake. I simply don't know enough about these things to know exactly what to expect, but I do want to make sure I have a good product. I am using a ar6100 which is a micro rx, I don't know if a full sized rx will do better or a satelite. I just want to be sure when I get my f20 i won't lose radio contact. That is why I bought a "full range system"
Anyways, for those who know more about these, please chime in. I would like to know if you guys think this system is genuine, and just give me some advice for it. Thanks!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:34 PM
crazy8s
My Feedback: (21)

I think you are going over board with the range testing. Do you have the manual? If not you can download it from Horizon. The manual calls for range checking to be done at 30 paces (around 90 feet) with the transmitter in power down range check mode.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:43 PM
xxxleafybugxxx

Even if the manual says that, it seems silly. I like to fly further out than 90 feet.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:58 PM
crazy8s
My Feedback: (21)

You missed the point. "Power down range testing", when you put the transmitter into range check mode the transmitting power is reduced to about 10% of its normal transmitting power. That's why they call for about 30 paces. It isn't silly and no one expects you to only fly out to 90 feet. The "power down range testing mode" is pretty universal for all 2.4 systems regardless of the manufacturer since we can't collapse the antenna for range testing like we used to do in the good old days with 72 MHz radios. Just put it into range check mode and see how far you can walk away before you lose connection. It will probably be a lot more than 100 feet. If it's a lot less then you may have a problem.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:09 AM
grizzly59

The receiver you have shown in your video is for park flyer type planes. That means small planes that cannot be seen far out any way. I have used that type receiver successfull in planes around 41 inch wing spans. I would guess I am out over 300 feet at times. Receivers designed with longer ranges are call full range receivers and usually planes using them can be flown out farther than you can see them, not what you want for sure.

I suggest you follow flyingwalenda's suggestion to start a model from a reset. Your transmitter should work fine as I don't know of a glitch in your type transmitter that would cause the elevators to move along with the ailerons.

If the seller said it is a genuine JR I would trust him as he probably expects to sell more stuff on ebay and to lie would not be good for his rating on ebay.

Good Luck.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:15 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As mentioned the system has a low power range test by holding the button in walking 30 paces or so and make sure everythings still working with no glitches. As mentioned the 6100 receiver you have is labeled as a "parkflier receiver" and it does have limited range. There are folks flying them at the field with no issues and of course they are keeping the planes at a distance (400-500') where they can see and control them and that is within or approaching the edge of the working range of the 6100.
When a plane is in the air the distance limitations are improved as opposed to it being at ground level with the transmitter. Yes obstructions will dramatically limit the distance say if you were sitting in a building with the transmitter and trying to control the plane by watching through a window or if you were in standing in the woods....but of course you wouldn't be doing anything like that. If the plane flies behind a row of trees out of sight you might loose signal but your more likely to crash the plane simply because you can't see it anymore.
Keep the plane in sight at all times and keep it close with those receivers and you will be OK. If you get larger models you will be flying them further out simply because you can see them easier and you will need to get a regular receiver that has a longer range.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:56 PM
bgqkeneg
Banned

so I would go to a blank model memory