Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Tx and Rx bind issues!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 03:01 AM
3Lm0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tx and Rx bind issues!?

Hi,
I managed to tear out the antennae for my AR600 so bought a new one. The last onestill worked, but obviously wanted to be safe.

I am using a DMX5e so binded the Rx as usual but i dont seem to be getting my servos to work. The throttle works just fine and seems to have lots of power.

When i try and use the airleron, rudder etc, the ar600 just seems to stutter and the led goes out until i let go of the control stick or the servo being used buzz's but doesnt seem to move. On a couple instances the servo pulls hard over.

I have rebinded many time and even tried the old brocken one which does the same now.

Any ideas please?

Old 03-05-2013, 03:51 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tx and Rx bind issues!?

bad receiver battery or switch harness, perhaps?

Sounds like a power issue, not a link / bind issue.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:57 AM
3Lm0

Thats what i thought, so tried another battery.

I am running it using a 3c 11.4v lipo and an e-flite 30c brushless esc. The throttle works fine. i can power it right up with no problems, so why would a servo brown it out.

ive tried a few batteries with the same result!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:43 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Assuming all of the connector plugs are inserted properly?
Do you have a 4.8 or 6.0 volt receiver battery pack? If so try plugging that into the receiver with the ESC/throttle disconnected and see what happens with the servos.
If not plug in a meter into one of the empty receiver connectors and see what voltage is coming from the ESC.  If you don't have a meter take another ESC and connect it to the receiver and see what happens. If not then with the ESC/throttle connected try plugging in one servo at a time, power up and see if the servo works, then disconnect that servo, plug in another , power-up and see if that one works, etc.
If all of that fails take it to someone with a meter and see what kind of voltage there is at the receiver.
Sounds to me like a voltage issue from the ESC's internal regulator or you have a servo with an internal short since you have the same issue on two receivers.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:49 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 3Lm0

I am running it using a 3c 11.4v lipo and an e-flite 30c brushless esc. The throttle works fine. i can power it right up with no problems, so why would a servo brown it out.

Have you tried disconnecting the ESC and connecting a 4.8v-6v Rx battery to the Rx? This will eliminate the ESC as the problem. The ESC has a BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit) that controls the voltage to the Motor and the Rx. Some eFlight ESC's are programmable.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/ProdInfo/Fi...CInstSheet.pdf
Old 03-05-2013, 07:06 AM
3Lm0

ORIGINAL: flyinwalenda

Assuming all of the connector plugs are inserted properly?
Do you have a 4.8 or 6.0 volt receiver battery pack? If so try plugging that into the receiver with the ESC/throttle disconnected and see what happens with the servos.
If not plug in a meter into one of the empty receiver connectors and see what voltage is coming from the ESC. If you don't have a meter take another ESC and connect it to the receiver and see what happens. If not then with the ESC/throttle connected try plugging in one servo at a time, power up and see if the servo works, then disconnect that servo, plug in another , power-up and see if that one works, etc.
If all of that fails take it to someone with a meter and see what kind of voltage there is at the receiver.
Sounds to me like a voltage issue from the ESC's internal regulator or you have a servo with an internal short since you have the same issue on two receivers.
No, i dont have one. I can get one easily however, so will give that a try. I have tried about 5 different servos, so doubt all of them are faulty. I will try a battery pack and repost. thanks for your help!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:08 AM
3Lm0

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

I am running it using a 3c 11.4v lipo and an e-flite 30c brushless esc. Thethrottle works fine. i can power it right up with no problems, so why would a servo brown it out.

Have you tried disconnecting the ESC and connecting a 4.8v-6v Rx battery to the Rx? This will eliminate the ESC as the problem. The ESC has a BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit) that controls the voltage to the Motor and the Rx. Some eFlight ESC's are programmable.

Yes, my esc has a BEC. I have not changed any setting however. I used it before christmas and just opened it back up last night to ready for a new season so cant see how that would have changed.

I will have a look at this anyway to see if this is the problmem....thanks!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:19 AM
3Lm0

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

I am running it using a 3c 11.4v lipo and an e-flite 30c brushless esc. Thethrottle works fine. i can power it right up with no problems, so why would a servo brown it out.

Looking at the ESC, the BEC is on or off and not programmable.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM
3Lm0

Ive tried a battery pack on the Rx and the servo works fine.

Looks like my ESC is the issue!