Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Using different TX 2.4Ghz

Old 03-06-2013, 02:44 AM
bigheaded5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using different TX 2.4Ghz

Are all 2.4Ghz Tx compatable with any 2.4Ghz Tx if the TYPE is the same....example....DSSS with another DSSS or a FHSS with another FHSS?

Can I switch back and forth between two Tx from day to day OR do they learn each other and stay specissic to each other?
Old 03-06-2013, 05:03 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Using different TX 2.4Ghz

ORIGINAL: bigheaded5

Are all 2.4Ghz Tx compatable with any 2.4Ghz Tx if the TYPE is the same....example....DSSS with another DSSS or a FHSS with another FHSS?

Can I switch back and forth between two Tx from day to day OR do they learn each other and stay specissic to each other?
Except for some Hobby King compatibles, most 2.4 systems are proprietary. You need to use the same manufacturer's receiver with the same manufacturer's transmitter.

When Spektrum first came out with 2.4Ghz radios they used DSM protocol. Now, they use DSM2 and DSMX. JR 2.4 radios used Spektrum's DSM2 and DSMX, as well. All JR and Spektrum DSM2/DSMX are compatible with one another. JR's newer line of XG radios use DMSS protocol which is not compatible wiih DSM2/DSMX.

Futaba radios have a number of protocols including FHSS. FHSS-S, FASST, FASSTEST. Most FASST transmitters only work with FASST receivers. The same is true for their other protocols, however, they do have transmitters that support more than one of their protocols. There is an SLT protocol that I believe belongs to Great Planes and that is compatible with Tactic transmitters and Anylink modules.

Protocols used by Hitec transmitters only support Hitec receivers. Protocols used by Airtronics only support Airtronics receivers.

The same is true for other brands, as well. If the Transmitter is Modular, like the Hitec Aurora 9, it can, in some cases, use other manufacturer's modules, as well. Hobby King has Turnigy radios that are modular.

No matter what brand you choose, don't expect other manufacturer's receivers to work with it unless it is specifically mentioned in the advertising.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:05 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Using different TX 2.4Ghz

ORIGINAL: bigheaded5

Not unless they are the same manufacture. If they are you will need to rebind each time you switch.