Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Specktrum switch selection

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Specktrum switch selection

I have a Spectrum DX7 radio transmitter and a 6010 or 12 2.4 reciever and I want to use the gear switch for a kill switch. Manual says I can use it for a mixing switch but I could'nt find anything about using it for another switch purpose, is there a way to do it,?
Old 03-17-2013, 12:14 PM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Specktrum switch selection

By default, the "gear" switch should work perfectly to operate your ignition kill switch. Just plug the kill switch into CH 5 (gear) on the receiver and check to see if the on/off positions are correct, if not, just go to the servo reverse screen and reverse the "gear" channel as needed. Most optp kill switches should work with the end point adjustments set to the default +100%/-100% settings. The gear switch/channel can be used for any on/off function you want
Pete
Old 03-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Leroy Gardner

ORIGINAL: pilotpete2

By default, the ''gear'' switch should work perfectly to operate your ignition kill switch. Just plug the kill switch into CH 5 (gear) on the receiver and check to see if the on/off positions are correct, if not, just go to the servo reverse screen and reverse the ''gear'' channel as needed. Most optp kill switches should work with the end point adjustments set to the default +100%/-100% settings. The gear switch/channel can be used for any on/off function you want
Pete
Thank you Pete, I think I just got an answer from someone that knows the answer. There is much to learn about this radio and I find it amazing as to what they can do. Some of the instructions are confusing, mostly because I don't know what it's all about but I'm learning small bits at a time.

I'm thankfull for guys like you that help the less knowing, great to have you.

Leroy
Old 03-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Leroy Gardner

Pete I did what you said except I did not have to default the % of current draw. Opto kill switches do not provide any info required to operate them so I have to suspect a signal is all that is required to operate it. At any rate it works fine.

Thanks again, Leroy
Old 03-25-2013, 08:12 PM
WI53072

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: pilotpete2

By default, the ''gear'' switch should work perfectly to operate your ignition kill switch. Just plug the kill switch into CH 5 (gear) on the receiver and check to see if the on/off positions are correct, if not, just go to the servo reverse screen and reverse the ''gear'' channel as needed. Most optp kill switches should work with the end point adjustments set to the default +100%/-100% settings. The gear switch/channel can be used for any on/off function you want
Pete

This is exactly how I have used the Gear channel for my opto kill switch.

Paul