Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Setting idle cut off and other

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 09:11 AM
coveredup
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting idle cut off and other

I went from a 7uaps to an 8uaps. I miss my throttle trim switch! There is a 3 position switch on the upper right of the radio. Can I program this switch for, lets say a fast idle, high idle, and then landing idle??? Or how else would I remedy this. Pushing and holding the digital trim switch takes to long for any real movement of the thrrottle and takes my rudder finger away for too long.

Thanks,

Coveredup
Old 09-18-2003, 05:24 PM
BaronSchwab

Default RE: Setting idle cut off and other

I have a 8uhp and you may set the three position switch as you said but I do not know.

Instead I use the trim lever for my "in the air, starting" idle;
the landing gear switch (upper left, opposite the three position switch) for my "landing" idle;
and the trainer switch (behind the landing gear switch) for my engine kill switch.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:57 AM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Setting idle cut off and other

I've done the same on my 8U, but I don't rememer exactly how I set it up since I went to a 9Z a couple years ago.

I used one swtich for a idle up switch. One switch was set for ground idle, and high idle for starting and flying. Another switch was set as my kill switch. With the two switches set for the idle, and kill, I never had to touch the throttle trim at all. If I did, I knew something was amiss. This was on a gasoline engine, which by their nature don't require constant tuning and adjustments, but it should work just as well on glow engines.

I wish I could remember how I setup the programming, but its just been to long. I can tell you how to do it in a 9Z or 10X