Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

14 mz question - how to disable a knob with a preset value in it?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

14 mz question - how to disable a knob with a preset value in it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 10:30 PM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 14 mz question - how to disable a knob with a preset value in it?

I use a rotary knob on my 14 mz to control the gyro gain on a model jet. How can I lock this gyro gain once and for all after setting the correct value. If I make that knob "null" then it disables completely. I need to lock in the value and then disable that knob. How does this happen in the 14 mz.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:54 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 14 mz question - how to disable a knob with a preset value in it?

To "fix" a function in place, you just do a few steps.

First, go into the Linkage Menu and then the Function section. Set the control for the channel to "NULL". Now, go into the Model Menu and the "AFR (D/R)" section. Select the channel you're using. Set RATE A and RATE B to 0%. Finally, set "Offset" to the value that gives you the control deflection you desire. Because no control has been selected, you will only be able to change the value by going into the AFR (D/R) section of the Model Menu. Done.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:51 AM
Malcolm H

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ragz,

I assume you want to be able to adjust the value and once you find the correct value lock it?

If so there are two ways to do that one a little more accurate than the other.

The least accurate way is to fly the model and adjust the gain, then go into the servo monitor screen and note the position of the indicator bar for that channel. Then follow Bax's instructions and set the offset value that takes the servo monitor indicator bar to the same position that was set with the rotary knob.

A more accurate way is to obtain a servo test unit that can monitor receiver pulse width output. A good unit to do this is the Jetibox sold by Jeti to set up their speed controllers but there are others. Now fly and adjust gain as before. Then unplug the gyro set cable from the Rx and plug the monitor into that Rx output. Read the pulse width being outputed from the Rx. Now follow Bax's instructions to set the same pulse width using the AFR Offset. Then plug gyro set cable back into Rx.

Hope this helps.

Malcolm
Old 03-21-2013, 08:13 AM
Ragz

Thats great advice Bax and Malcolm.  Thank you so much.  I will go with the simpler method first and then see how it goes.  I have been wanting a servo monitor for a while now, and maybe now is a good time to get one.

thanks again.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Ragz

while we are at it another 14 mz related Q:

On one of my jets I use a behotec two in one valve that controls retracts and brakes with the same valve.  The way it works is as follows:  

1. when the valve moves from pos 1 to 2 (middle) it activates gears.
2. when it moves beyond the middle position it activates the brakes.

Currently I have programmed this on a 3 pos switch where the mid stick is gear down.  switch UP is gear UP and switch DOWN is gear down and brakes ON.   Ideally I would like this to be seperated on 2 switches.  One that controls the valve from pos 1 to 2.. to activate the gears up and down.  And the second switch that only works the valve beyond pos 2 to pos 3 to activate brakes.  

NOw the Q:  How the heck can this be done

thanks 

A
Old 03-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Malcolm H

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That one is easy! All you do is set up a program mix with another spare channel as the master and the one you are using to control the Behotec valve at present as the slave. Set a new switch to enable the mix and with this in what you want the brake on position to be, adjust the mix rate and if necessary the offset until the valve moves to the third brake on position. When you turn that switch off the mix will be inhibited and the valve position will be determined by the position of the original switch.

Malcolm
Old 03-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Ragz

hmm.. sounds logical.  Let me try this tommorow.

thanks Malcolm.